Calories: 553kcal (or 275kcal)
Macros: 33g Protein, 45g Carb & 32g Fat
STOP THE PRESS. Super healthy should not taste this good. This shake is so indulgent, you feel real bad. Like going to one of those shake cafes and throwing in half a dozen chocolate bars into the blender. It it absolutely delicious! A perfect post-workout or breakfast shake. It’s got the perfect blend of Proteins, Carbs and Fats in a single serving. It’s packed full of super foods that have incredible health benefits. Most importantly, it’s really filling, so will keep you going for a while. That said, it’s full of simple carbs and fructose, so you will find yourself needing to eat again in a few hours once your blood sugar regulates.
If you need not have the half litre option shown below, simply halve all the ingredients, in turn dropping this calories down to 275 kcal.
- Awesome Vegan Protein Powder – 1 scoop (needs to be this one – it’s salted caramel!)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – 350ml
- Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Avocado – ½ fruit
- Almond Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Kale (ideally frozen) – 50g
- Frozen Mixed Berries – 70g
- Linwoods Milled Flaxseed, Brazil nuts, Walnuts & co-enzyme Q10 – tablespoon
- Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Beetroot – 20g
- Creatine – 6g
So many benefits. Bear with…
- Awesome Vegan Protein Powder – For optimal health, look to take 1g of Protein per pound of body weight
- Almond Milk – Better than Cows milk as no harmful chemicals, antibiotics and has not lactose for those who struggle with Milk
- Honey – Natures sweetener. To be fair, you don’t need the honey unless you want more carbs and like the extra sweetness it provides. It’s just fructose and glucose.
- Avocado – Considered to be a super food and one of the only fruits promoted to be eaten daily due to its healthy fats.
- Almond Butter – Source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and high-quality protein; they also contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids along with high levels of bioactive molecules.
- Kale – Great for aiding in digestion and elimination with its great fiber content. It’s also filled with so many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium, plus many others.
- Frozen Mixed Berries – Blueberries are among the most nutrient dense berries, and have great antioxidant properties. Strawberry and blackberries offer similar benefits.
- Turmeric – Contains curcumin which is incredibly beneficial. Curcumin is an anti-inflammatory agent (helpful for arthritis among many other conditions) and an antioxidant. It also helps the body to absorb other antioxidants. Suggested to be a brain booster and also aid in fighting off cancers.
- Beetroot – Lowers your blood pressure, boosts your stamina, fights inflammation, has anti-cancer properties, is rich in valuable nutrients and fiber and provides detoxification support. Need more reasons to eat beetroot?
- Creatine – Everyone should be supplementing with Creatine, as we typically don’t get enough in our modern diets. Naturally occurring, completely safe and helps to regenerate adenosine triphosphate (ATP), your body’s main source of energy. Therefore, it helps muscle cells produce more energy, supports many important functions in muscles, improves high-intensity exercise performance, and speeds up muscle growth.
More Meal Ideas?