Calories: 1249 kcal (or 814 kcal smaller portion)
Macros: 92g Protein, 87g Carb & 61g Fat
The star of the show here is the cheesy garlicy Dauphinois Potato – wow! What an incredible invention, that hits all the right notes in your palette. The pork fillet is tender, succulent and meaty, with the comforting vibes coming from the healthy fats. Oh, and it’s super cheap – only £2.50 for a whole fillet. Throw on some sautéed red onions, herbs and apple sauce, and voila! But we can do better… the apple-infused leeks bring a slight sweet and hearty dimension to the plate. Restaurant grade dining, in the easy comfort of your home. You’ll be deeply satisfied after this plate. 😋
For a smaller portion, drop 200g Pork Fillet and reduce the Dauphinois ingredients as such – 200g Potatoes, 20ml Double Cream, 15g Cheese and 10g Garlic Butter. This would save you 435 calories, without compromising on the flavours or nutritional goodness whatsoever.. Enjoy!
Cooking Time: 60 mins (mostly baking time for Dauphinois)
- Northern Irish Pork Fillet – 350g
- Red Onion – 25g
- Mixed Herbs – 1x teaspoon
- White Potato – 280g
- Double Cream – 30ml
- Medium Cheddar Cheese – 25g
- Garlic Butter – 20g
- Leeks – 100g
- Small Red Apple – 80g
- Apple Sauce (condiment) – 2x teaspoon
- Seasoning – Rock Salt
- Quality Pork is high in protein and essential vitamins, minerals, creatine and amino acid good for overall health. Lean pork, when trimmed of visible fat, is nutrient-dense and satisfying. Best to treat pork as a treat as there are more nutritious meats and it’s high in calories.
- White Potatoes are an excellent source for vitamins C and B6, a good source for fibre and manganese, and have more potassium than bananas. However, potatoes have a high glycemic index value, they can cause blood sugar and insulin levels to rapidly rise. Consume in moderation, and don’t cook in seed oils.
- Garlic being consumed on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Onions & Garlic are great sources of indigestible fibre (inulin) and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Leeks have sulfur-containing compounds that fight dangerous free radicals in your body, and also contain kaempferol, a useful flavonol. They have nutrients such as vitamin A, K, B’s, Folic Acid and Magnesium. Plus, Leek are a great source of indigestible fibre (inulin) and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Grass-Fed Butter is a great source of healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production. Furthermore, Butter contains only trace amounts of lactose.
- Apples are rich in vitamin C, important antioxidants, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Cheddar Cheese is a great source of calcium, vitamin A, magnesium, zinc, vitamin D and K. There is a good amount of healthy saturated fats, that support healthy hormonal and metabolic function. Goats Cheese and organic varieties are considered healthier choices and more gentle on the gut.
Follow the AdapNation Food Diary and subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter ⬆︎ to never miss out on our new tasty healthy meal ideas.
Use the AdapNation Food Diary BUTLER to design your next meal, or perform a Quick Search using the FOOD DIARY NAVIGATOR ⬇︎ to find just what you fancy, based on your available ingredients, effort level, cuisine or meal time.