Calories: 752 kcal
Macros: 47g Protein, 81g Carb & 26g Fat
Total Dish (2 servings): 1503 kcal / 93g Protein, 162g Carb & 53g Fat
Everything the body yearns for, in one plate! All humans have a hard-wired preference for sugar, salt, fat, starch and free glutamate (think protein rich taste). Why? Because these foods are calorie-rich, which was a necessity for much of our existence. But, when you combine them all together using fresh whole foods – we’re drawn like a moth to a flame! This plate pulls you in, tastes absolutely amazing and the body responds with a huge release of feel-good hormones. 😍
The rich creamy Tomato and Mascarpone sauce combined with Italian herbs clings on to the Penne Pasta and Chicken to create a hug-on-a-plate. The Onions, Garlic and Mushrooms bring depth and texture. Delicious. One problem… pasta is SOOOO calorific and easy to over-indulge. So, as a rule, limit your consumption both in portion size and frequency if you want to be in control of your waistline.😋
Cooking Time: 20mins
- Gluten-Free Penne Pasta (Tesco Free-From) – 170g dry
- Organic Chicken Breast – 350g
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 1x teaspoon
- Fresh Mascarpone – 75g
- Passata with Basil – 200g
- Fresh Basil – 1x leaf
- Dried Oregano – 1x teaspoon
- Raw Honey – ½ x teaspoon
- Diced Onions – 2x tablespoon
- Crushed Garlic (lazy) – 1x teaspoon
- To season – Rock Salt & Black Pepper
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Onions & Garlic are great sources of indigestible fibre (inulin) and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Garlic being consumed on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is high in healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) that increase healthy cholesterol and in turn enables the optimal production of healthy hormone balance. MCFAs provide the perfect source of energy because they are much easier to digest and convert to energy, are not readily stored as fat, antimicrobial and antifungal.
- White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- Raw Honey contains disease-preventing and disease-fighting flavonoids and antioxidants and has been scientifically proven to help with allergies, diabetes, sleep problems, coughs and wound healing. Due to 53% fructose content, limit consumption to avoid spiking insulin.
- Gluten Free Pasta – This is a Certified Gluten Free food and made with Non-GMO Ingredients. It’s a blend of Corn and Rice. White Rice is benign and non inflammatory to the gut, however Corn can have a high amount of Lectins (plants’ natural pesticide), especially when in Sweetcorn (i.e. with skin).
- Passata is an uncooked tomato puree that has been strained of seeds and skin. It is widely used in traditional Italian cooking, as the removal of the seeds and skin improve digestibability and lower stomach upsets with having a tomato concentrate meal.
- Mascarpone – As a high-fat cheese that contains 50kcal per tablespoon, this should be eaten infrequently and in moderation to support a healthy weight and heart. Mascarpone comes with Calcium, Vitamin A and Sodium.
More Meal Ideas?
Subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter to never miss new AdapNation Meal Ideas, and use the AdapNation Butler tool to get inspiration for your next meal, based on your needs and ingredients.
Leave a comment