Calories: 167 kcal per Crimble (cookie)
Macros Per Crimble: 2.5g Protein, 14.5g Carb & 11.5g Fat
Total Nutritional Info (22 pieces): 3671 kcal / 54g Protein, 318g Carb & 257g Fat
Other than the calories if you have too many, the is guilt free and good-for-you dessert, that tastes delicious, is packed with goo nutrients and is quick and easy to make. Satisfy your sweet craving without the downside! Mind blown… 🤯
It’s crazy how much hidden refined sugar and sweeteners are in every day foods, most of which you’d regard as savoury. Layer on top of that the actual sweet suff we choose to eat, and it can be an enormous daily dose of sugar. We know this too well, as the family attempts a 3-week Anti-Inflammatory Diet of no gluten, no sugar and and no dairy (lactose). 1 week down, 2 to go. 👍
So, in the spirit of helping reduce our dependancy on sugar, we created these absolutely scrumptious Home-made Crimbles – they are so so GOOOOD! 😋. Yet, no refined sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no lactose and no gluten… how did we do it I hear you ask!? Check out the ingredients – no refined sugar, milk or flour in sight! Can’t help but to feel a little righteous after achieving this ‘impossible’ task of free from whilst still tasting great. Yay!
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats (Quaker) – 350g
- Desiccated Coconut – 85g
- Grass-Fed Butter – 200g
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil – 1x tablespoon
- Raw Honey – 3x tablespoons
- Maple Syrup – 1x tablespoon
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – 30ml
- 70% Dark Chocolate w/ Sea Salt (Green & Blacks) – 10g grated
- Rolled Gluten Free Oats are of course gluten free (i.e. processed separated from gluten containing grains), and are a great source of fibre and antioxidants. They are packed full of vitamins and minerals such as manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and B vitamins.
- Grass-Fed Butter is a great source of healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production. Furthermore Butter contains no to only trace amounts of lactose.
- Coconut is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats and is free from wheat and other grains. It has a good hit of manganese, selenium and copper. It is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index.
- Raw Honey contains disease-preventing and disease-fighting flavonoids and antioxidants and has been scientifically proven to help with allergies, diabetes, sleep problems, coughs and wound healing. Due to 53% fructose content, limit consumption to avoid spiking insulin.
- Maple Syrup is high in antioxidants, offers nutrients like riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, calcium and potassium and has a higher concentration of minerals and antioxidants with fewer calories than honey.
- Dark Chocolate is packed full of antioxidants and flavonoids, it releases endorphins that makes you feel good and has aphrodisiac qualities. at 70%+, no dairy is added, there is significantly less sugar and other nasties, and you generally get more high quality cocoa. This leads to be satisfied with much less chocolate.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk has no dairy, does not raise blood sugar levels, has 50% less calories than cows milk and has a small amount of nutrients such as vitamin A, potassium and calcium.
More Meal Ideas?
Subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter to never miss new AdapNation Meal Ideas, and use the AdapNation Butler tool to get inspiration for your next meal, based on your needs and ingredients.
Leave a comment