Calories: 1024 kcal (or 593 kcal smaller portion)
Macros: 82g Protein, 106g Carb & 61g Fat
Absolutely everything on this dinner plate is packed with incredible flavours and textures. The Sun Dried Pesto Chicken with Goats Cheese is to die for! Rich and indulgent with a creamy tang and perfectly seasoned. The Rainbow Carrots look amazing, whilst bringing a firm bite and variety of rooty carrot tones to the plate. The buttery garlic Mushrooms offer a perfect marriage to the Chicken. And then, for some healthy flavourful carb, the lightly buttered Sweet Potato Jacket brings everything together. Wow! How can healthy be this good? 😋
For a smaller portion, halve the Chicken, Goats Cheese, Red Pesto and butter, and drop to a 200g Sweet Potato (small). This would save you 431 calories, without compromising on the flavours or nutritional goodness whatsoever.
Cooking Time: 30mins
- Sweet Potato – 370g
- Free Range Chicken – 300g
- Rice Bran Oil – 1x teaspoon
- Soft Goats Cheese – 40g
- Sun Dried Red Pesto – 30g
- Rainbow Carrots – 175g
- Mushrooms – 6x medium
- Crushed Garlic (lazy) – 1x teaspoon
- Grass Fed Butter – 10g
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Season – Rock Salt & Black Pepper
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato due to its high fibre content that slows the absorption of the carbs.
- Goats Cheese – Goats do not contain a certain mutation in the milk that most cows do, making their milk and cheese much more digestion friendly and look uncannily similar at a DNA level to human milk.
Carrots are a rich source of Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant that can also be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- Grass-Fed Butter is a great source of healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production. Furthermore, Butter contains only trace amounts of lactose.
- Garlic being consumed on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Pesto is a sauce often made from basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. All of these ingredients have health benefits and can be included in a well-balanced, healthy diet.
More Meal Ideas?