Calories: 972 kcal (or 715kcal)
Macros: 77g Protein, 95g Carb & 30g Fat
Have you ever tried mini cube-cut Sweet Potato Roasties cooked in a little oil, Rosemary and Thyme? If not, you MUST! Crispy yet fluffy, amazing tones from the herbs and the slight sweetness. This meal is a very similar experience to that well-known and loved family roast dinner meal, but with a strong bias to maximising the gut boosting benefits with incredibly tasty veg. Crispy and succulent Chicken Thighs work perfectly with mini SP roasties. Load in a big portion of Leeks, Carrots and French String Beans, with a drizzle of gravy and this meal will just make you happy and content. If you take the Sweet Potato down to 250g, drop to two Chicken Thighs and naturally use less Rice Bran Oil, you will save 277 calories.
- Organic Chicken Thighs – 3x Thighs
- Sweet Potato – 370g
- Leeks – 80g
- Carrots – 1x medium
- Rice Bran Oil – 2x teaspoons
- Original Gravy – 1x serving / 30g
- Green French String Beans – 110g
- Seasoning/Flavouring – Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme, Rosemary and Roasters Chicken Seasoning
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato.
- Chicken offer great sources of healthy lean protein.
- You get a great portion of indigestible fibre and prebiotic benefits for your guts’ microbiome (i.e. feeding the beneficial bacteria), that come with Leeks and String Beans.
- Leeks have sulfur-containing compounds that fight dangerous free radicals in your body, and also contain kaempferol, a flavonol that may help fight cancer and lower your risk of chronic diseases including heart disease. Plus, they have nutrients such as vitamin A, K, B’s, Folic Acid and Magnesium.
- Lastly, Carrots are a rich source of Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant that can also be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
More Meal Ideas?
Subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter to never miss new AdapNation Meal Ideas, and use the AdapNation Butler tool to get inspiration for your next meal, based on your needs and ingredients.
Leave a comment