Calories: 805 kcal (or 571kcal)
Macros: 39g Protein, 88g Carb & 35g Fat
A tasty AND filling salad for summer anyone? I do like a salad, especially in the warmer and brighter months. You feel light, healthy and remain alert after lunch. The only problem is when salads don’t have enough carbs or fats – you can eat all the lettuce leaf you like but you won’t feel satisfying and full up, and hunger will return pretty quickly. However, load in some Avocado and Olive Oil into you Chicken Salad and accompany with some Sweet Potato Crisps and voila! Tasty, incredibly healthy, no post-lunch coma and a content fullness that will last until dinner time.
For a smaller lower calorie option, drop to a 1x Chargrill Chicken fillet and 200g Sweet Potato. This will save you 234 calories.
- Original Chargrill Chicken (Birds Eye) – 2x fillets
- Avocado – ½ Fruit / 63g
- Sweet Potato – 300g
- Rice Bran Oil – 1x teaspoon
- Chip Seasoning (Schwartz) – 1x teaspoon
- Carrot – 1x medium
- Leafy Butterhead Salad (bagged) – 23g
- Cucumber – ⅓ cup
- Sauerkraut – 3x tablespoons
- Lemon – ¼ fruit
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato due to it’s high fibre content that slows the absorption of the carbs.
- Avocados are an incredible source of heart-healthy fats. They are also incredibly nutritious, have more potassium than bananas, are loaded with fibre and can lower triglyceride levels.
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Sauerkraut is one of the best prebiotics combined with being probiotic due to the fermentation process. Next to no calories, but so incredibly good for promoting good gut health and a happy microbiome.
- Carrots are a rich source of Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant that can also be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
More Meal Ideas?