Calories: 852 kcal (or 545kcal)
Macros: 55g Protein, 92g Carb & 33g Fat
Oh, lardydar. 😉 You often find the use of Celeriac in fine dining establishments, accompanied by other elements on this dish including Sea Bass and Asparagus. Celeriac is from the same family as Celery, but it’s grown purposefully for it’s bulbous root and versatility in the kitchen. As in this dish, if you mash this root vegetable up with a dollop of Butter and seasoning it’s similar to potato mash but with a more rooty lighter mouthfeel and less carbs. Of course, we put a ‘proper’ portion on the plate in addition to balancing it with the sophisticated flavours of the pan-fried buttery Sea Bass, tender Asparagus and fruity sweetness of the Beetroot puree. Finished off with some Parsley Sauce and you have an elegant, healthy and nutritious meal.
This is my standard BIG plate preference. For a smaller lower calorie option, reduce to 300g Celeriac, 15g Grass Fed Butter and one Sea Bass fillet. This will save you 307 calories, whilst maintaining the experience and flavours of this meal.
- Boneless Sea Bass Fillets – 2x fillets
- Celeriac – 1x whole celeriac / 691g uncooked and peeled
- Asparagus – 100g
- Grass-Fed Butter – 20g
- Creamy Parsley Sauce Mix (Schwartz) – ½ pack
- Steamed Beetroot (puree in blender) – 60g
- Seasoning to taste – Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Sea Bass is low in calories and an excellent source of protein, selenium, essential omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins B12 and B6
- Asparagus & Celeriac are great sources of indigestible fibre and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Celeriac is high in dietary fibre, Vitamin C to destroy free radicals, B Vitamins (B5, B6, Niacin, Riboflavin and Thiamine) that help with energy production, Vitamin K for calcium absorption and Potassium for regulating blood pressure
- Asparagus contains folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that can enhance the transport of blood sugar into your cells.
- Beetroot is a good source of iron, nitrates, betaine, magnesium and other antioxidants, in addition to helping lower blood pressure and boost exercise performance.
- Grass Fed Butter is a great source of healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production.
More Meal Ideas?