Calories: 827kcal (or 547kcal)
Macros: 49g Protein, 34g Carb & 60g Fat
You have to try this dish. It’s so simple, quick and healthy, yet is it absolutely packed with contrasting yet complimenting flavours. Minimal to no gluten, digestion friendly cheese and a great source of protein and fats – you can’t ask for more. The perfect post-workout meal. Carbs post workout help spike insulin and transport the protein to the muscles to get synthesised. And healthy fats from Eggs and Avocado help with creating your hormones. The combination of Eggs and Butter with Red Pesto and Goats Cheese is simply mouth watering. Not to mention the yummy Avocado spread on a buttery piece of fermented Sourdough Bread.
Save 280 calories by halving the Eggs, Goat Cheese and Sourdough, and dropping the Butter to 10g.
- Eggs – 4x
- Grass-fed Butter – 15g (for omelette and bread)
- Mushrooms – 5x small
- Sliced Wafer Ham – 2x slices
- Goats Cheese – 30g
- Red Sun Dried Pesto – 2x teaspoons
- Diced Onions – 2x tablespoons
- Sourdough – 2x medium slice (56g)
- Avocado – ½ a small fruit
- To flavour – Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Coriander
- Eggs are great source of protein and should be a staple for most active people, with egg yolk providing a nice hit of good cholesterol that helps with hormone production and cell energy.
- Avocados are an incredible source of heart-healthy fats. They are also incredibly nutritious, have more potassium than bananas, are loaded with fibre and can lower triglyceride levels.
- Sourdough, as it is fermented, gives you the enjoyment of bread with a significantly reduced hit of gluten, that is usually inflammatory to your gut.
- Goats Cheese – Goats do not contain a certain mutation in the milk that most cows do, making their milk and cheese much more digestion friendly.
- Grass Fed Butter is great sources healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production.
- White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- Prebiotic Value (Healthy food to promote good bacteria in your gut) – This dish packs a whole heap of Prebiotic benefit. Mushrooms and Onions – your gut will be very happy! 😊
More Meal Ideas?