Calories: 1283kcal (or 693kcal smaller portion)
Macros: 69g Protein, 129g Carb & 58g Fat
I know, I know. I do bang on about this meal. But for good reason… It’s just the best!!! It hits all the senses and all my innate body needs. You’ve got the the flavour combinations of the runny fried Egg, the soft Sweet Potato, the bite of the breaded Chicken, creaminess of the Avocado, the distinctive richness of the Goats Cheese with the blend of Mushrooms, Spinach and Onions is one hell of a healthy taste explosion! Oh, and then liven it up with a splash of Tabasco and boom! 💥 Healthy fats, low GI carbs, veggie goodness, prebiotic fibre, lots of full profile amino acids / proteins and generally a satisfying and fulfilling Lunch, Post-Workout meal or Dinner. 😋
For a smaller portion, drop to 1x Chicken Schnitzel, 1x Egg, 200g Sweet Potato, 20g Goats Cheese, 40g Avocado and 5g Butter. This would save you 590 calories, without compromising on the flavours whatsoever.
- Sweet Potato – 385g
- Gluten-Free Chicken Schnitzel (Rosie & Jim) – 2x Fillets / 200g
- Avocado – 1x small fruit / 74g
- Free Range Eggs – 2x
- Grass-fed Butter – 10g
- Mushrooms – 6x small
- Soft Spreadable Goats Cheese – 30g
- Crushed Garlic – teaspoon
- Spinach (frozen) – 147g
- Diced Onions – 2x tablespoons
- Tabasco – ½ x teaspoon
- Season as preferred – Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato due to it’s high fibre content that slows the absorption of the carbs.
- Eggs are great source of protein and should be a staple for most active people, with egg yolk providing a nice hit of good cholesterol that helps with hormone production and cell energy. They contain calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
- Garlic, Onion & Spinach are great sources of indigestible fibre and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Avocados are an incredible source of heart-healthy fats. They are also incredibly nutritious, have more potassium than bananas, are loaded with fibre and can lower triglyceride levels.
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- Garlic being consumed on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Grass Fed Butter is a great source healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production.
- Goats Cheese – Goats do not contain a certain mutation in the milk that most cows do, making their milk and cheese much more digestion friendly and look uncannily similar at a DNA level to human milk.
More Meal Ideas?