Calories: 833kcal (or 597kcal)
Macros: 32g Protein, 60g Carb & 56g Fat
This is so delicious – and to think, there is no bread or gluten in sight! So many people get that gluten and generally lots of bread is likely not great for their wellness and weight-control, but finding viable alternatives can be a challenged, which ultimately leads to non-compliance or resistance to the idea. In this perfect post-workout / lunch dish, you get to have your eggs and avocado (great sources of good fats and proteins) without feeling the plate is missing bread.
The Sweet Potato wraps are a solid alternative, and the combination of butter, turmeric, beetroot, pesto and sauerkraut delivers a huge punch of mouth-watering flavour. Plus all these foods are SOOOO GOOD for you.
This is a huge wrap though, so consider dropping to two eggs and one wrap, saving you 235 calories.
- Free Range Eggs – 4x
- Grass-Fed Butter – 10g
- Turmeric – ¼-½ teaspoon
- Chives – ½ teaspoon
- To flavour – Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Sweet Potato Wrap – 2x (from BFree)
- Avocado – 1x small fruit / 120g
- Sauerkraut – 2x tablespoons
- Sliced Picked Beetroot – 5x slices / 30g
- Classic Pesto – 2x teaspoons / 16g
- Gluten-free – whether you have a known intolerance/sensitivity or are generally trying to make better decisions for your gut.
- Eggs are great source of protein and should be a staple for most active people, with egg yolk providing a nice hit of good cholesterol that helps with hormone production and cell energy.
- Avocado is considered to be a super food and one of the only fruits promoted to be eaten daily due to its healthy fats.
- Beetroot is a good source of iron, nitrates, betaine, magnesium and other antioxidants, in addition to helping lower blood pressure and boost exercise performance.
- Turmeric is all the rage this year, due it’s ability to fight inflammation, containing antioxidants, protecting your heart, having brain boosting properties and linked to helping ward off diabetes and cancer.
- Prebiotic Value (Healthy food to promote good bacteria in your gut) – This dish packs a whole heap of Prebiotic benefit. Sauerkraut is one of the best prebiotics combined with being probiotic due to the fermentation process. Load in Beetroot & Chives too, and your gut will be very happy! 😊
More Meal Ideas?