Calories Per Person: 812 kcal (1625kcal total)Macros Per Person: 71g Protein, 62g Carb & 32g Fat
Mind glowingly amazing meal! Made me so so happy. 😋 Hits all the senses and desires – satisfying healthy carbs, satiating proteins, healthy fats and tastiness from the runny Eggs, spice from Chorizo and the peppery Seasonings and the green goodness from Spinach. It’s hot, tasty, filling yet only packed with healthy goodness. You have to try this dish!It’s a take on the traditional breakfast Spanish dish Huevos Rancheros, but of course we amplified it and made it much much more! The addition of the Sweet Potato, Chicken and Chorizo make this a hearty fulfilling Dinner or big lunch. Packed full of nutrients, flavours and balanced macros. The oven dish you see is for two people, and shares well. It takes a big appetite for one person to to try and put this away by themselves…
- Sweet Potato – 420g
- Free Range Eggs – 4x
- Chicken Breast – 400g
- Spanish Diced Chorizo – 65g
- Diced Onions – 2x tablespoons
- Spinach (raw) – 1x cup
- Baby Plum Tomatoes – 50g / 6-8x
- White Mushrooms – 5x medium
- Italian Passata with Basil – ½ x carton / 250g
- Squeeze Chilli Sauce – 20ml
- Seasoning / Flavours:-
- Tabasco – 1x teaspoon
- Child Infused Olive Oil – 10g
- Garlic Salt – ½ x teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ x teaspoon
- Cajun Seasoning – ½ x teaspoon
- Cumin – sprinkle
- Paprika – 1x teaspoon
- Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato due to it’s high fibre content that slows the absorption of the carbs.
- Onion & Spinach are great sources of indigestible fibre and have prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Spinach is high in niacin and zinc, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Eggs are great source of protein and should be a staple for most active people, with egg yolk providing a nice hit of good cholesterol that helps with hormone production and cell energy. They contain calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
- White Mushrooms are being touted as nature’s nutritional supplement as they are loaded with the nutrients our bodies need to generate energy and repair cells — including digestive enzymes, a spectrum of B vitamins, protein, and vitamin D2.
- Olive Oil is loaded with antioxidants that help protect the heart and blood cells from damage, and can also aid in weight loss and pain relief.
- Paprika helps with indigestion, cardiovascular health, and circulation; is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory; and contains vitamins A, E, K, and C. Antioxidants include Vitamin A, Lutein and Zeaxanthin. However, some people do not process peppers that well – so good to carefully monitor gut response.
- Cumin is high in iron, so it’s especially helpful for anemia when you consume it along with foods that are high in vitamin C. Cumin is widely used in India to aid in digestion, lower blood sugar levels and to help in cancer prevention
- Tomatoes are the major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene, which has been linked to many health benefits, including reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. They are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K. However, due to the lectins present in their seeds and skin, some inflammatory response and sensitivities can occur with digesting tomatoes. Cooking and High pressure cooking, as well as removing the seeds can eliminate the lectins and make them more digestible.
- Passata is an uncooked tomato puree that has been strained of seeds and skin. It is widely used in traditional Italian cooking, as the removal of the seeds and skin improve digestibility and lower stomach upsets with having a tomato concentrate meal.
More Meal Ideas?