🆕 #HyperWorkouts Programme, the last of 2018! What a year…
Join in on Michelle’s REAL phased-programming Workouts throughout the year, in pursuit of her 2018-2019 Body Goals – a healthy lean feminine physique with strong curves. No light weight for demo vid purposes – what you see here is raw. Sweat, strain and form-challenging sets!
👉 FULL 4-DAY LADIES DEC-18 TRAINING BLOCK PLAN
With Ladies DEC-18 #HyperWorkouts, we are going for Higher Rep & Increased Isolation Work, to mix up the stimulus, take a break from the heavy CNS demanding lifting, and to illicit more frequency and volume for hypertrophy plateau busting. Plus, there are 4x Strength Days scheduled through the 8-weeks to maintain strength gains.
Ladies DEC-18 DAY 3 of 4, UPPER
Day 3 is all about your upper body – those slender shoulder cable, firm back of arms, toned biceps and a tight upright back.Today is more isolation work than the others, so whilst you will definitely feel the burn in your arms, shoulder and back, you will recover a lot quicker between sets than the other days. Lots of volume again, with some 12-15 rep work too.
1️⃣ Lat Pulldowns – 3x 8-12
2️⃣ Single-Arm Dumbbell Row – 3x 12-15
3️⃣ EZ Bar Curls – 3x 12-15
4️⃣ Delt Raise Complex – 3x 8-12
5️⃣ Skull Crushers with Press – 3x 12-15
6️⃣ Tricep Pushdowns – 3x 8-12
7️⃣ Barbell Upright Row – 3x 8-12
🎬 For FULL videos of each of the exercises performed in this Workout, check out the DEC-18 Ladies #HyperWorkouts @AdapNation Instagram tiles.
- EZ Bar Curl – Make sure you get a full range of motion by letting your arm fully extend whilst maintaining tension at the bottom of each rep. Keep those elbows lock into place as much as possible, and think about slower down and faster up.
- Delt Raise Complex – This is pretty straight forward, once you’ve memorised the sequence! Make sure to not do cheat reps. You want to feel your shoulders working across each of the 24+ reps.
- Skull Crusher with Press – These are regular Skull Crushers, but instead you are solely focussing on the lowering portion. Once the weight reaches the top of your head, pull the bar over and on to your chest. Then, press it up over your shoulders. That’s 1 rep.
- Mobility & Pre-Activation – The idea is to work on dynamic stretches and short power work to warm up your limbs into full range of motion and to do a little work on muscle recruitment timing. This will help you feel mentally and physically prepared for your working sets. That said, what you choose to do will depend on your weaknesses or mobility issues.
- Cardio – Very little in the way of cardio. Honestly, if you go full out on this workout, you’ll not have the capacity for anymore. The intent of the cardio finisher is simply some light active recovery. To get the blood flowing into your limbs and begin the process of flushing out the metabolic waste buildup. Do too much cardio and it will be catabolic – not good.
Follow this vlog as it unfolds. Comment if you have questions or ideas.