🆕 #HyperWorkouts Programme, the last of 2018! What a year…
Join in on Michelle’s REAL phased-programming Workouts throughout the year, in pursuit of her 2018-2019 Body Goals – a healthy lean feminine physique with strong curves. No light weight for demo vid purposes – what you see here is raw. Sweat, strain and form-challenging sets!
👉 FULL 4-DAY LADIES DEC-18 TRAINING BLOCK PLAN
With Ladies DEC-18 #HyperWorkouts, we are going for Higher Rep & Increased Isolation Work, to mix up the stimulus, take a break from the heavy CNS demanding lifting, and to illicit more frequency and volume for hypertrophy plateau busting. Plus, there are 4x Strength Days scheduled through the 8-weeks to maintain strength gains.
Ladies DEC-18 DAY 1 of 4, LOWER
Day 1 is all about developing and toning up your thighs, bum and calves. Lets of work today – plenty of reps and lost of exercises, and most importantly with as much weight as you can safely handle with correct form. Lots of variation and new movements to try today – I think you’ll enjoy!
1️⃣ Front Squats – 3x 8-12
2️⃣ Single-Leg Stiff-Legged Deadlifts with DB – 3x 12-15
3️⃣ Band-Assisted Nordic Curls – 3x 8-12
4️⃣ Pullthroughs – 3x 8-12
5️⃣ Extra-Range Side Lying Hip Abductors – 3x 12-15
6️⃣ Kettlebell Swings – 3x 8-12
7️⃣ Dumbbell Lunges – 3x 8-12
🎬 For FULL videos of each of the exercises performed in this Workout, check out the DEC-18 Ladies #HyperWorkouts @AdapNation Instagram tiles.
- Front Squats – The limiting factor for most people is their wrist and upper back mobility. As you see in the video, feel free to keep the bar in place with only your finger tips, and focus on keeping chest up, elbows up and an upright posture throughout the movement. Imagine a piece of string holding up your elbows.
- Single-Leg Stiff Deadlifts – You’ll require some balance here, but will feel the benefit with lots of glute and hamstring activation
- Band-Assisted Nordic Curls – The key with this exercise is to go as slow and controlled on the eccentric (lowering) portion fo the movement. To get enough reps out, and to help with maintaining tension for as long as possible, using bands can be really helpful.
- Mobility & Pre-Activation – The idea is to work on dynamic stretches and short power work to warm up your limbs into full range of motion and to do a little work on muscle recruitment timing. This will help you feel mentally and physically prepared for your working sets. That said, what you choose to do will depend on your weaknesses or mobility issues.
- Cardio – Very little in the way of cardio. Honestly, if you go full out on this workout, you’ll not have the capacity for anymore. The intent of the cardio finisher is simply some light active recovery. To get the blood flowing into your limbs and begin the process of flushing out the metabolic waste buildup. Do too much cardio and it will be catabolic – not good.
Follow this vlog as it unfolds. Comment if you have questions or ideas.