The one-and-only Christian Thibaudeau is back for a part 3 on Neurotyping!
This time, we centre the discussion on supplementation strategies that help to either neurologically activate or inhibit or brains and bodies. Said another way, we explore Christian’s favourite supplements that help you get fired up as well as assisting with the critical role of recovery.
It’s always a pleasure to talk with Christian. His weight training and neurochemistry wisdom is off the charts! He is an absolute legend, has a great sense of humour, and his deep experience and knowledge just drops off of him. Every convo with Christian educates to a high level, and this episode is no exception!
PLEAE NOTE: Supplementation should be layered on top of doing every thing right with DIET FIRST. An optimised Diet should account for the super majority of your nutritional requirements to live well and perform well. IF you want to be COMPLETELY dialled in in the gym, there are natural performance enhancement strategies that are supported by Supplementation. Lastly, if you have certain genetic DNA polymorphisms (SNPs) or have mal-absorption issues due to gut issues and enzyme production - supplementation can SAVE you from deficiency.
Here’s what we discuss:
🔹 An update from last time– including Christian’s holiday and his baby son
🔹 Gym Talk– Christian’s Favourite Training Bars and why, Home Gym setup, value of Unstable/Micro-Isolation Training, and Christian’s 600lbs Squat past
Intelligent Supplementation Strategies:
🔸Inhibitory Supplements – molecules that help shut your brain down and calm your central nervous system
🔸 Excitatory Supplements – the molecules and supplements that increase Dopamine without burning out with stimulants such as caffeine and preworkout
🔸Isolated supplements vs whole food – Discussing the importance of both, how to create the biggest effect, and what to do if you have a nutritionally dense diet
🔸Optimising timing for better performance and recovery – Using steve’s diet and supplementing as an example. Pre workout, Post Workout and Evening.
🔸 The significance of sleep on muscle building – Why Christian rates early sleeps as a top priority for all his clients
🔸 Casein before bed? – Christian delivers the reality about this long-standing bodybuilding ritual
🔸 The importance of (low GI) Carbs before bed – the effect a carb meal has on sleep and relaxation
🔸 The value of NO supplement days – Christian explains the anabolic and sensitisation benefits of days of LOW protein and no supplements vs high-supplementation every day
🔸 Periodising Your Supplementation – Priming Days! – Christian reframes and defines a smart strategy of supplementing to maximising gains whilst respecting peoples need for daily habits
🔸 Question your long-term supplementation – The issues with mindless long-term supplementation
🔸 Can you change your Neurotype through supplementation? – Are we able to change ourselves from a Type 3 to a Type 1B?
🔸 Supplementing as a Type 3 doing Keto – The downside of Keto for Type 3’s, and how to manage the downsides to benefit from the Keto benefits
Other Supplement Insights:
💊 Timing your Omega 3 supplementation
💊 Why Taurine is in energy drinks
💊 The deal with ZMA’s
💊 The role of B6 (P5P)
💊 The dopaminergic effect of Tyrosine
💊 Acetylcholine – the value of isolated supplementation for 1A’s
NEXT CHRISTIAN PODCAST: Exercise Selection based on your Body Type !
Where to Learn More about Christian Thibaudeau and Neurotyping:
- Christian Thibaudeau AdapNation Episodes – #65: Optimise for your Neurotype (p1) & #75: Neurotyping Nutrition (p2)
- NEW Neurotype Courses – 3x Brand new courses, with 12hours of video material!
- The Neurotype Online Test – 100 questions to learn what your Neurotype is
- Neurotype Specific Nutrition Diets – with supplement recommendations, food options, timing etc
- Christian’s Thibarmy Online Coaching and Telephone Consults
- Thibarmy.com – Where most of the Neurotype articles, video capsules and various services live
- Christian’s Social platforms – Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Weight Training blocks, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.