Just wow! Be prepared to have you mind blown several times in this podcast, as we hear from the incredible Christian Thibaudeau on understanding who we are based on our Neurotype.
Who is Christian?
Christian has been coaching elite athletes across 28 different sports and general population face to face and online fro over 20 years. With over 600+ articles on T-Nation, three best selling strength and conditioning books and a huge video and article presence all over the internet, Christian is one of the top leaders globally in his field, and comes with a unique blend of experience, capability and scientific smarts.
Neurotypes – the why behind you
The world of Neurotyping is pretty fascinating. Where psychometric assessments and psycho analysis focusses on who you are based on your past and how you show up today, Neurotyping can describe WHY you are that way chemically, and can accurate describe your tendencies, personality, motivations and much more.
It’s about about neurotransmitter dominance – or put another way which of the excitatory neurotransmitters are you the most sensitive to and which inhibitory neurotransmitters do you predominately produce to slow things down. I know this sounds geeky and far fetched, but by the end of this conversation you will understand yourself at a whole new level, as Christian blends chemistry with psychology, training and nutrition.
You will be able to identify which Neurotype you are based on the personality descriptions Christian offers, and as a result will learn which type of training style you are innately motivated to the most and will recover from the fastest.
You might want to get a pen and paper at the ready for this one, and hover over the rewind button, as three is so much to take away from this chat that could change your outlook on your training, relationships and lifestyle forever.
Here’s what we cover:
1️⃣ Who is Christian and how he discovered Neurotype’s through trying to understand himself
2️⃣ What are key Neurotransmitters that drive behaviour
3️⃣ The idea behind Neuro Dominance – it’s all about sensitivity and production levels
4️⃣ The chemical differences between the 5 Neurotypes
5️⃣ How each of the Neurotypes show up in life – e.g. socially, performance, stress levels, training, nutrition, leadership
6️⃣ The Training preferences for 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B and 3 that will provide greatest motivation and fastest recovery
7️⃣ Christian on-the-fly identifying the Neurotype of Steve people close to him
8️⃣ Many anecdotes from Christian personally and a variety of his Athletes he has trained regarding their Neurotypes
9️⃣ How to incorporate training modalities that do not match you Neurotype preference successfully
Where to Learn More about Christian Thibaudeau and Neurotyping:
- The Neurotype Online Test – 100 questions to learn what your Neurotype is
- Christian’s Thibarmy Online Coaching and Telephone Consults
- Neurotype-specific Diet & Training Programs
- Thibarmy’s Neurotype Online Courses
- Thibarmy.com – Where most of the Neurotype articles, video capsules and various services live
- Christian’s Social platforms – Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Christian’s 600+ articles on T-Nation
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.