This is part 2 to the hugely popular episode #65, where Christian Thibaudeau (aka Vin Diesel – haha) provided a deep intro into the science and utility of Neurotyping for Training and Nutrition. If you haven’t checked it out yet – you must, It’s gold!
If #65 was gold, then this episode its PLATINUM! Honestly guys… be prepared to be blown away with science that makes sense and everyday usability to impact your mood, training, body, and life!
In this episode, Christian goes deeper on how to manage your NUTRITION (and in part your supplementation) to work with and enhance your NEUROTYPE chemistry for optimal training and dieting results.
This isn’t an abstract academic discussion – it is incredibly relatable to everyday life, helps you identify your Neurotype, and you’ll walk away with practical nutritional guidance to follow to maximise who you are.
That said, it is technical! Get ready to be hit by a train of biochemical and neurological lingo! It’s not for the faint hearted, or if you’re not able to offer a good chunk of attention. I took pages of notes – I’m now #upgradedforlife with these incredible knowledge bombs. You will be too.
But there’s more! Christian also offers some super interesting insights into muscle development, strength loss whilst dieting, benefits of fasting and what really happens to muscle mass when you cut.
If you need more Christian and Neurotyping after this listen, check out the links below. 👇🏻
View this post on Instagram
Here’s what we discuss:
1️⃣ The role nutrition, lifestyle and genetics independently have on your Neurotype
2️⃣ The role of the major Neurotransmitters – the positive and negative effects *
3️⃣ The importance of Dopamine:Serotonin ratio to Adrenaline and Cortisol production
4️⃣ Why we need adequate Inhibitory Neurotransmitters, and how to manage them
5️⃣ The nutritional Precursors to all the Neurotransmitters, and what foods to find them in
6️⃣ Describing the 5 NEUROTYPES – Personality, Athleticism, Chemistry, Needs, and deep Nutritional Guidance
7️⃣ An example on how to intelligently phase Training and Nutrition for a Type 2b Neurotype
8️⃣ Discussing Steve’s 5W cut where he worked with his Neurotype to lose 14lbs fat and negligible muscle mass
9️⃣ How weight training allows you to direct consumed nutrition within you body to where you need it
🔟 Why more of everything is not the right strategy – with examples for each neurotransmitter
* Dopamine, Adrenaline, Serotonin, Glutamate, GABA, Acetylcholine and Cortisol
And some fascinating conversation Extras!
1️⃣ The impact of Cortisol on Muscle Development and Immune System
2️⃣ Benefits to Fasting
3️⃣ Why Keto and Targeted Keto Diets are amazing for some, and rubbish for others
4️⃣ Why Bench Press strength drops when you cut – what’s happening to your joints?
5️⃣ The truth about muscle loss / retention when cutting
Where to Learn More about Christian Thibaudeau and Neurotyping:
- Episode #65: Optimise For Your Nutrition with Christian Thibaudeau
- The Neurotype Online Test – 100 questions to learn what your Neurotype is
- Christian’s Thibarmy Online Coaching and Telephone Consults
- Neurotype-specific Diet & Training Programs
- Thibarmy’s Neurotype Online Courses
- Thibarmy.com – Where most of the Neurotype articles, video capsules and various services live
- Christian’s Social platforms – Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Steve’s 5W Cut – How he followed his Neurotype recommendations and his results
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.