FALLING OFF THE WAGON – Yeah… its a universally understood term that we all recognise and can relate to. Basically, it’s time when we F up and the plan has gone to pot. We even erase the very existence of the plan and dig our heads in the sand.
It’s a very real thing. What separates achievers from non-achievers is their relationship with the wagon. In spite of the derailments, they crack on. In spite of the blips, they execute against their hopes, dreams and goals.
But here’s an interesting thought. What about if the very language of ‘Falling Off The Wagon’ is causing us to reach for the exit door as soon as things don’t go 100% to plan? What about the idea of abandoning the Wagon concept completely?
So, whether it’s the wagon of weight loss, exercise, business, self development or being a caring person, I’m hopeful you will be able to relate to this conversation and identify behaviours in yourselves or those you know. We blend personal anecdotes, personal struggles with experience from our professions and some concepts and tools to get after long term goals in a more sustainable and assured fashion.
Say it with me… THERE’S NO F*@#ING WAGON! 😉
Here’s how it goes down
1️⃣ Full Chimp Brain Panic!– We kick things off with Bryn’s (snd Steve’s) recent experiences of being hijacked by our chimp brains. Fascinating
2️⃣ Bryn’s observations from Personal Training– Does anyone ever stay ‘on the wagon’ and how Bryn can spot those who will likely give up quickly
3️⃣ Defining The Wagon & How It Manifests– Drawing on personal and observational experiences of what it means to fall off the wagon
4️⃣ The Angle of Derailment and Time Elapsed– Taking the analogy literally and exploring how to look at things differently
5️⃣ The most common reasons for Falling Off The Wagon and Staying Off– How we justify inaction. Common thought processes and mistakes
6️⃣ Widening the Lens, Flexibility & Imperfection– These plus other concepts that help reframe bad days and stay committed to your WHY
7️⃣ Keys to Steve’s 2y training and nutrition consistency– How has Steve stayed so committed to the cause whilst still being a big foodie?
8️⃣ Abandon the Wagon all together– The idea of banishing this term. Life is not binary. Accept and plan for the ebb and flow. Learn and adjust…
9️⃣ Tools to withstand the pressure to throw in the towel– We share some practical tools and perspectives that manage our state and reframe failure
Episode Specific Content:
- Steve’s Morning Ritual Article
- Designing Your Perfect Day & Week Article
- Podcast #69 on Ego & Gratitude
- Steve’s 5W Blitz Cut Body Journal entry
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.