Diabetes is the second most prevalent health condition globally, and continues to surge at epidemic proportions. Considered a modern lifestyle disease, it’s worth us all getting grounded on what Diabetes is, in the hope to prevent our health unknowingly declining, or to spot and successfully manage the condition.
So whilst you may not be clinically diagnosed with Type 2 or Type 1 Diabetes, there’s a very good chance that people you know will have the condition, and with naivety could become diabetic yourself.
To tackle this critical topic, we managed to pin down the world renowned leader in this field – Phil Graham. In spite of of having the autoimmune Type 1 Diabetes condition, Phil has thrived across all areas of his life.
Through his obsession to manage his potentially fatal condition, Phil has not been defined by Diabetes. Instead, he became a Mr Universe bodybuilder, a coach, an author and a successful fitness business entrepreneur. Phil authored the leading book in its category – Diabetic Muscle & Fitness Guide, and is invited to speak all over the world on the topic of Diabetes and managing fitness businesses.
In this short but info packed interview, we discuss:
1️⃣ Phil’s childhoodand being diagnosed as Type 1 Diabetic in his teens
2️⃣ Phil’s obsession with thriving in spite of Diabetes – nutrition, lifestyle, exercise and mindset
3️⃣ Why lifting? Getting strong when his health was weak…
4️⃣ Phil’s fitness & health career highlights, in purest of being able to help himself
5️⃣ The signs and symptoms of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
6️⃣ What is Diabetes at a physiologically level? – describing the role and impact of Insulin and Blood Glucose
7️⃣ The differences between Type 1, Type 2 Diabetes & pre-Diabetes – including likely causes
8️⃣ The Causes of Diabetes, Corrective Actions and type-specific recommendations
9️⃣ Your most chaotic events are your best mentors…
🔟 The role of scientific discovery in the fight against the Diabetes epidemic
Learning More About Phil Graham & His Services:
- The Book & other Diabetes Resources – https://diabeticmuscleandfitness.com
- Fitness Business Coaching – https://www.phil-graham.com
- The Podcast – The Fitness Entrepreneur Podcast
- Instagram – @philgraham01 & @diabeticmuscleandfitness
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Medi