World-renowned Professor Ben Bikman is a leading expert on fat cell metabolism, metabolic health, insulin resistance, and the affects a dysfunctional metabolism has on healthy immune function.
What’s the very best thing you can do to improve your health and those around you? Ensure you and others are Metabolically Healthy and Insulin Sensitive.
These terms sound overly technical and are far from instructive. But, it is so critically important that we as individuals, as societies, and as healthcare providers understand what it takes to be metabolically healthy.
Understand and live this one concept well enough, and you will protect yourself against the plethora of modern chronic diseases, as well as shoring up your defences against Infectious Diseases such as COVID-19 and the Flu.
This episode is scientific in nature but universally accessible and practical. Not only will you know more than almost everyone when it comes to metabolic health, insulin sensitivity and the links between metabolic and immune function, but you will also know how to achieve these states of optimal health too.
P.S. If you are coming in pretty naive to this topic, then a good place to start is actually the prior episode – episode #144 where we start from the grass roots of the metabolism and metabolic health.
The #BeYourBest Journey : https://adapnation.io/beyourbest-journey/
(£10 coupon BESTYEAR-2020)
Here’s what we discuss
- How Prof Ben Bikman’s became obsessed with fat cells and metabolic health
- What is Insulin, how is it made, and what are its roles in the body?
- Insulin’s role in the Immune System
- What does the body use Glucose for, and are there essential carbohydrates?
- Hyperglycemia – why is too much blood sugar a problem? Is glucose directly damaging?
- What is Insulin Resistance?
- Overflow Hypothesis and Energy Toxicity – the real reason behind Insulin Resistance and T2 Diabetes
- Health issues when Fat Cells get too big
- Why those suffering with Alzheimers have an insatiable sweet tooth – glucose hypo metabolism
- Understanding Fat Burning Mode, Sugars Burning Mode and & Metabolic Flexibility
- The two primarily food stuffs causing Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Dysfunction
- Can you be plant-based or plant-dominant and maintain insulin sensitivity and metabolic health?
- Can diets like Keto chronically underuse Insulin and therefore case Insulin Resistance and/or Glucose Intolerance?
- How good Metabolic Health support strong Immune Function and defence against infectious diseases
- Why does Obesity, Hypertension and Diabetes causes and worsens serious COVID-19 infection?
- Four Practical Principles to good Metabolic Health and Immune Health
- How to become more Insulin Sensitive
Where to find BEN BIKMAN and his work
- The NEW Book – Why We Get Sick
- Social Media (BenjaminBikmanPHD) – Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Website – https://gethlth.com/about-us/
- Episode #144: How to Improve Your Metabolic Health
- Have we got Diabetes all Wrong? (Overflow Hypothesis & Jason Fung)
AdapNation Useful Links
- The #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey
- Social – Instagram & Facebook & Tons of Free Website Content
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.