Dr Jaime Seeman, aka Doctor Fit and Fabulous, who specialises in female health, joins us today for a scientific and personal discussion on why she strongly advocates for an animal-based low carb lifestyle. It’s a fun and informative interview!
Jaime is a OBGYN from Nebraska, who has seen tremendous physical and wellness results personally over the last 3 years by embracing a ketogenic lifestyle.
In actual fact, it’s when she transitioned to a Carnivore(ish) diet the benefits in health, body composition and mental capability really took off. As well as her career online.
Jaime does a great job of representing women in the male-dominated cross section of Keto, Carnivore, Bodybuilding and Functional Practioners. She offers a compelling and exciting insight for other women to explore, and is debunking many long held nutritional beliefs.
In this episode, we get into Dr. Jaime Seeman’s personal journey, what she sees clinically, and her certainty behind advocating women to try out Low Carb, Keto and Carnivore style diets. We touch on some hot topics for many women around the globe, including pregnancy, hypothyroidism, post pregnancy, failed glucose tests, menstrual cycles cravings, concerns with plant-based and/or low fat diets, and much more.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Jaime’s health and nutritional journey – From athlete, 3-time mum, hypothyroidism and pre-diabetes, and now thriving on Carnivore-ish
- Hypothyroidism – What is it and why re women susceptible? Can you treat it with dietary interventions? Jaime’s clinical experience.
- Pregnancy – Why it is an immunosupressed state? What is happening?
- Challenging the Low Fat Dietary Recommendations – Is the science sound? Has the ‘experiment’ worked? Word of caution.
- What an optimally healthy diet looks like to Dr Seeman – explaining the female health value in a whole food low-carb dietary approach
- Jaime’s 30 Day Strict Carnivore experiment in 2018 – Weight loss. Feeling and cravings. Nutritional intuition afterwards.
- (Female) Concerns with Animal-Based Low Carb dietary lifestyles – Jaime tackles the main myths and concerns head on
- The need for more Protein, more fat, and less Carbs as you age – why does Jaime suggest this, especially female midlife onwards
- Carb Cravings during your Mental Cycle – Why does this happen? Are carbs essential at this stage? Why keto transitioning can be tough
- How does Jaime eat & maintain her physique? – Does she count, track and measure? Is she always hungry? What does she eat? Is she missing key nutrients?
Where to find DR JAIME SEEMAN and her work:
▪︎ Jaime’s Website – www.doctorfitandfabulous.com
▪︎ Instagram – @doctorfitandfabulous
▪︎ Facebook – Dr Fit and Fabulous
Third Party References:
▪︎ Dave Feldman
▪︎ Deep Nutrition, by Dr Cate Shanahan
The #BeYourBest Journey : https://adapnation.io/beyourbest-journey/
(£10 coupon BESTYEAR-2020)
AdapNation Useful Links
- The #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey
- Social – Instagram & Facebook & Tons of Free Website Content
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.