NOTE:This is Part 1 of 2. Check out Episode #78 for Part 2
Have you noticed the emergence of the Carnivore Diet as of late? Is it a deliberate culture clash with the Vegan Community, a naive and neanderthal chest-beating F’ you to sustainability, animals, and human health, or just an excuse to eat the foods we like?
Or, is there something to it? Dr. Paul Saladino combined with a burgeoning cohort of respectable doctors, scientists, anthropologists and nutritionists thinks there is. And it’s not just the academics – there is an expanding community of tens of thousands of every day people that we’re once sick, overweight and dealt the death blow of autoimmune and chronic disease who are thriving! What gives?!
Be prepared to be blown away!
Dr Paul Saladino attempts to shatter the nutritional paradigms on optimal health, meat, plant-based nutrition and our evolutionary biological preference to thrive. Paul believes, backed up with with encyclopaedic knowledge and tons of scientific facts, that Humans are actually FACULTATIVE CARNIVORES.
That we evolved to be the number one species on the planet due to a Carnivorous diet feeding our explosive brain development, and that our body and biology leaves many clues that we’ve adapted to be carnivores who in times of desperation and starvation could tolerate low doses of plant-based foods.
BIG super important topic. As a result, this 2h convo is broken into two parts. Here’s what you can expect to hear across both:
P.S. AdapNation have produced a Meat-Dominant Article that condenses the arguments and guidance here. Proving very popular!
PART 1 (#77) – WHY CARNIVORE?
1️⃣ Cured! – Seeing 1000’s of untreatable people with Chronic Disease and Autoimmune Conditions getting better on a Carnivore Diet
2️⃣ The Perfect Food – How everything we need to thrive is found in the perfect form and ratios within Nose-To-Tail Animal-Based nutrition – without any toxins.
3️⃣ Cause of Disease – How Dr. Saladino believes plant-based nutrition is the driving force in todays epidemic rates of chronic diseases
4️⃣ Evolution – Exploring evolutionarily and biological evidence that suggest that Humans are Facultative Carnivores that resort to Plants only as survival food
5️⃣ Youth vs Health – Not confusing resilient Youth with Health, and how we’ve not adapted to consuming a plant-dominant diet
6️⃣ Chemical Warfare – Plants defence against predators (including humans) is a deluge of toxins, pesticides and anti-nutrients
7️⃣ Plants are not healthy – How most Plants have a net-negative impact on human health, and the benefits are sketchy at best (e.g. Resveratrol, Curcumin, Sulforaphane)
8️⃣ Antioxidants – How plant-based Antioxidant properties are not worth it, and we can generate our own antioxidant state through non-nutritional means
9️⃣ Fibre – Debunking the biggest myth of all… the need for fibre for optimal health, microbiome diversity and digestive health
🔟 Farting – Why gas, bloat and passing wind is not normal if you are healthy
PART 2 (#78) – PRACTICAL & FLEXIBLE APPLICATION
1️⃣ Mass Adoption? – Is it a practical, affordable and realistic way of eating for the masses, or just the few die hards?
2️⃣ Environmental Sustainability – The reality of Green Has Gases across agriculture and industry, and how more ruminants is part of the solution
3️⃣ Commercial Meat or Plants? – Paul answers what he’s choose if given the ultimatum
4️⃣ Affordability – How to make the Carnivore diet affordable and the need to prioritise nutrition over all else
5️⃣ Cooking – Does cooking, pressure cooking and fermentation eliminate the toxins in plants?
6️⃣ Wine, Coffee & Chocolate – Do these plant-based foods have a healthy place in our diet?
7️⃣ No Go’s & Safe Plants – Pauls position on the number one category of plat-based foods to avoid, and which plant foods are net-neutral to health
8️⃣ Crunch, Sweetness & Spice – Paul’s recommendations on getting crunch into a carnivorous diet, calming your sweet need and how to think about herbs and spices
9️⃣ Eggs & Dairy – Are these in our out on a Carnivore diet, and why.
🔟 Poison is in the Dose – We explore quality of life needs, dose and tolerance to plant-based foods, and who benefits most from a Strict Carnivore Diet
Where To Learn More and Follow Dr Paul Saladino:
- Follow Paul on Instagram and his popular YouTube Channel (also Facebook and Twitter)
- Paul’s brand new Podcast – Fundamental Health
- Paulsaladinomd.com – to learn more about Paul, sign up to the newsletter, see his content and seek his professional services
- Carnivore Science Deep Deep No.1 – Peak Human Podcast interviewing Dr Paul Saladino
- Carnivore Science Deep Deep No. 2 – Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast interviewing Dr Paul Saladino
- Compelling Carnivore Justification – AdapNation interviewing Dr. Shawn Baker #66
Referenced Content Throughout The Show:
- The Meat Dominant Diet Article – summarising the discussion and recommendations
- Meatheals.com & World Carnivore Tribe – Online communities sharing health recovery when on Carnivore WOE
- Dr. Shawn Baker – a leading proponent of the Carnivore Diet
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari
- Studies cited – – –
A – Dietary Pesticides – 99.9% all natural
B – Dark Side of Curcumin
C – The medicinal chemistry of Curcumin
D – Resveratrol reduces the levels of circulating androgen precursors
E – No beneficial effects of Resveratrol on the metabolic syndrome
F – Dietary Fibre Intervention On gut microbiota composition on healthy adults
G – Stopping or reducing dietary fibre intake reducing constipation and associated symptons
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media