“If it wasn’t for lockdowns, masks, and social distancing, things would be much worse in England” Errrm…👇🏼
🤦🏻♂️ Those that are wedded to the authoritarian and anti-scientific #covid regime of England etc, and are desperate to undermine Sweden’s approach in order to protect their ego….
It might be time to do some self-work by identifying and resolving your #cognitivedissonance.
🤷🏻♂️ If you are a fan of mask mandates – please explain the benefit that England are seeing over Sweden.
🤷🏻♂️ If you think our Lockdown strategy worked (at all) – please show the advantage we gained over Sweden.
🤷🏻♂️ If you agree with the family, societal and public social distance rules we now live by – please demonstrate how Sweden are suffering by not following suite.
🤷🏻♂️ If you buy into mass surveillance testing and are proud (like Hancock) of having the largest testing capability in Europe, as well as buy into the Operation Moonshot goals of constant population testing – please elaborate how this equates to a Public Health advantage of Sweden?
❓Oh, and please explain the economical, social, child, mental health, physical health, livelihood and career benefits we are experiencing as a result of the decisions we seem to so willingly accept.
AND BEFORE YOU SAY…
“Sweden is not a good COVID-19 comparison, as their population density is so low” – NOT TRUE.
🏴 ENGLAND vs SWEDEN 🇸🇪:
- ☑️ Wildly different approach: Lockdown/Mandates vs Smart Distancing BAU
- ☑️ Close neighbouring Countries
- ☑️ Similar latitude, weather patterns, clothing patterns, and limited access to sunshine year round (ie Vit D deficiency)
- ☑️ In-sync seasons
- ☑️ Similar demographics – aged and diversity
- ☑️ Stockholm and London – both high traffic popular tourist destinations, with similar density and urban environment
- ☑️ Equally exposed to modern dietary patterns and access to ultra processed food
- ☑️ Both have large care home structures, with large communities of sick and elderly people living together under one roof
- ☑️ Both experienced the onset of COVID-19 at the same time
POPULATION DENSITY…. yawn 🥱
🇸🇪 Sweden as a country has vast patches of unpopulated or minimally populated land. The Counties (län) of Stockholm and Västra Götalands house 40% of the population, yet make up only 7% of their land mass.
Yet, these two counties equate for 57% of all COVID-related deaths. The remaining 19 counties take up the remaining 93% of land mass, with Population Density of 3-126 people per km2.
Moreover, Stockholm County is mostly densely packed into Stockholm City, where the Population Density is 5,204 per km2, which is getting closer to Inner London (8,600).
🇸🇪 And, it’s important to remember this about SWEDEN:
- 70% of all COVID-related deaths occur in Care Home or Care-at-Home settings. Pop Density is not a relevant discussion for this setting.
- 96% of COVID-related deaths were over 60 years old, and 80% over 70.
- Sweden (in particular Stockholm) has a large contingent of Somali immigrants, who due to darker skin colour in colder northern climes have chronic deficiencies of Vitamin D as a population. As such, this demographic has been disproportionately impacted by COVID.
Population density is a catalyst for faster spreading of the virus within the community… but, it’s the HOST (ie the people’s health) that determines the death toll per location.
❓Has the UK Govt helped us get healthier in 2020? Or have they declined our health?
ONS, SCB, & FHM – 26th Oct 2020
Enjoyed the read?
Comment below, and check out our longer-form Articles, our shorter Micro Blog sections, grab Healthy Meal Ideas from AdapNation Food Diary, and Free Gym Workout Plans at #HyperWorkouts.
Leave a comment