Which tier is your area in, and do you agree with this decision based on the latest key COVID stats? 👇🏼
Putting together this searchable table was a lot harder than it should have been. This is the problem – people without tenacity, technical skills and knowledge as to where to look are expected to trust blindly.
Anyhoo. This offshoot page of the COVID+ Insights Dashboard will house experimental and one-off charts and tables:
Based on the latest data and current tiering declarations, you can search for your region or generally compare England, and find out some pretty useful insights:
- Current Tier
- Weekly PCR Positive Deaths
- Weekly number Cases (#coronavirus positive tests)
- 7-day % Case Change
- Cases & Deaths rates per 100,000 people
- Cases rate specifically for Over 60’s
- Weekly volume of Rapid Community Tests
Why these stats❓
Because UK Govt have suggested tiering is defined based on these epidemiological metrics:
✅ Case detection rates in all age groups
✅ Case detection rates in the over-60s
✅ Rate at which cases are rising or falling
✳️ Positivity rate
✳️ NHS Trust pressure
The first 3 (and some) are condensed in the above table.
* Positivity rate is not possible to calculate with public data per area, but we DO report on this at a UK-wide level.
* We also report on NHS burden and general status update per England Trust.
Both of these reports are within the COVID+ Insights, that you ca navigate to from the above link.
Grab it whilst it’s fresh
At this point, this Tiering Insights table is not intended to be a regularly maintained like the primary dashboard.
If, however, there is a fair bit of demand to keep this table relatively fresh, I could look into updating again within a week or so.
Hopefully it’s all pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have any questions, or generally any feedback.
Enjoyed the read?