🆕 #HyperWorkouts Programme, the last of 2018! What a year…
Join in on Steve’s REAL phased-programming Workouts throughout the year, in pursuit of his 2018-2019 Body Goals – a strong and naturally muscular physique. No light weight for demo vid purposes – what you see here is raw. sweat, strain and form-challenging sets!
👉 FULL 5-DAY DEC-18 TRAINING BLOCK PLAN
With DEC-18 #HyperWorkouts, we are going for a true Bodybuilder Body Part Split to mix up the stimulus, take a break from the heavy CNS demanding lifting, and to illicit more frequency and volume for hypertrophy plateau busting.
DEC-18 DAY 2 of 5, ARMS
Day 2 is a full-on arm pump day! Exclusively Biceps and Triceps, with tons of volume whilst working in the 8-12 rep range. You arms will be screaming after this workout, and will be swole AF. I think you’ll like this one…
1️⃣ Seated Incline Dumbbell Curl – 3x 12
2️⃣ EZ Bar Arm Blaster Curls – 4x 8-12
3️⃣ Swiss Ball Preacher Cable Curls – 4x 12
4️⃣ Olympic Ring Dips – 4x 8-12
5️⃣ Tricep Cable Pulldown (reverse) – 4x 8-12
6️⃣ EZ Bar Skull Crushers – 4x 8-12
7️⃣ Alternate Standing Bicep Curls – 4x 8-12
🎬 For FULL videos of each of the exercises performed in this Workout, check out the DEC-18 Gents #HyperWorkouts @AdapNation Instagram tiles.
Days 1, 3, 4 & 5 can be found on the AdapNation YouTube channel, AdapNation.io #HyperWorkouts and our instagram feed!
- EZ Bar Arm Blasters – If you don’t have an Arm Blaster, you could curl whilst being in a corner of the gym, where you can lock your elbows into place with the walls. The key here is to limit elbow and shoulder shift and increase bicep isolation. I prefer EZ Bar compared to dumbbells for this personally.
- Preacher Curls – Using a Swiss Ball make it harder as some of your strength is absorbed into the ball. However, you can do regular Preacher curls too if your gym has a Preacher Curl bench.
- Oly Ring Dips – These are so much harder than regular dips. If you’re struggling with these, or you don’t have Olympic Rings / TRX, then crack on with regular dips on a dip machine.
- Mobility & Pre-Activation – The idea is to work on dynamic stretches and short power work to warm up your limbs into full range of motion and to do a little work on muscle recruitment timing. This will help you feel mentally and physically prepared for your working sets. That said, what you choose to do will depend on your weaknesses or mobility issues.
- Cardio – Very little in the way of cardio. Honestly, if you go full out on this workout, you’ll not have the capacity for anymore. The intent of the cardio finisher is simply some light active recovery. To get the blood flowing into your limbs and begin the process of flushing out the metabolic waste buildup. Do too much cardio and it will be catabolic – not good.
Follow this vlog as it unfolds. Comment if you have questions or ideas.
Be sure to follow AdapNation on all the social platforms – including Instagram, the AdapNation Podcast station, Facebook and our Youtube channel. #HyperWorkouts
Leave a comment