It’s time to UNLEARN Nutrition!
We’re quickly coming to realise that much of what we’ve been taught and recommended when it comes to food is wrong. Many people believe we are doing the complete OPPOSITE to what is considered optimum human nutrition!
What?! Yep – there are many many motives at play that drive the messaging and supply of food, and most of these motives are not in support of you and I.
To explore this controversial but fascinating idea, we have the very talented Brian Sanders onto the Podcast. Brian quit his engineering career to commit his life to exploring and sharing the truth about nutrition, and to call out all the lies we’ve been told about food for the last 100 years.
Brian runs a very popular and compelling Podcast called Peak Human, and is soon to be releasing the product of his life’s work – a feature film called Food Lies. A film looking to correct all the manipulative wrongs of documentaries such as Cowspiracy, What The Health and Fork Over Knives.
Brian is a rare breed. He combines smarts, curiosity, tech skills, film skills, critical thinking and a deep passion to fight against manipulation and the mistakes that are making us fatter and sicker.
He combines and connects the wisdom of 100’s of deep specialists in the various ares of expertise from books, his interviews, his filming and personal anecdote, to create a unique and all encompassing view of what are the optimal nutritional principles for human health. Oh, and they aren’t what you’ve been told!
I’m sure you’ll love this discussion, and should learn a bunch along the way. We make extensive references to other people and podcasts, which you can see below. Now, get strapped in and get ready to have your paradigm shattered!
Here’s what we discuss:
1️⃣ Brian’s family and personal health motivation behind exposing the lies, exploring the truths and giving everything to sharing what he has learnt
2️⃣ Chronic Disease is not normal, nor is it chronic – Change your diet and taking back what human health should be
3️⃣ It is all one big Conspiracy? – If we’ve got it all so wrong, how? What were the motives? Was there intention? What drives our nutritional guidelines? Brian exposes the truths.
4️⃣ We’re fat yet malnourished!– What are the reasons for this paradox? How can we have such abundance yet have so little good health?
5️⃣ Plant vs Animal Nutrition – How we’ve got it backwards. Discussing nutrition density and bioavailability, protein needs and toxicity
6️⃣ We’re kidding ourselves! We’re too gullible – Forgetting our evolutionary backdrop of 2 million years and thinking we can change everything and find a new elixir for life. Where has sceptical critical thinking gone in normal day-to-day life?
7️⃣ We live in an Era of Disinformation – If we repeat a lie enough times, we believe it as fact. Generational wisdom. But what lies are we talking about?
8️⃣ A Crazy insane man… until people realise the truth – How difficult it is for Brian and peers to offer their breakthroughs without being institutionalised. Do we have Paradigm Paralysis?
9️⃣ What’s the Optimal Human Diet– Brian shares the SAPIEN framework. A few basic principles that have been forgotten for far too long. (See below for teaser)
🔟 There is no such thing as Essential Carbs – Our bodies need essential Proteins and Fats to function. But do we need carbohydrates to be human?
*️⃣ #veganlies – How vegan propaganda has and is the driving force behind our nutrition choices today. Brian exposes some disinformation and deceit. Intent may be good, but execution and arguments are fundamentally flawed.
*️⃣ How are some Vegans thriving? – Brian explains how some individuals are seemingly thriving on a vegan diet
*️⃣ Really care about Planet, Animal Suffering & Your Loved Ones? – If so, there is a need to reframe the problem and put in place productive campaigns and food industry practices. Brian explains.
Brian’s Optimal Human Nutrition Framework – SAPIEN:
1️⃣ Nutrient Dense Highly Bioavailable Whole foods
2️⃣ Focus on Protein, Embrace Fat and Minimise Carbs
3️⃣ Avoid Sugar, Refined Grains and Vegetable Oils
4️⃣ Don’t Always Be Eating and Eat With The Seasons
5️⃣ Take steps to Reduce Toxicity in your food choices
Where to Learn More about Brian Sanders and his businesses:
- Peak Human Podcast – available on all major podcast platforms
- Instagram – @Food.lies
- The Food Lies Film – Info and place to financially support the initiative
- Sapien.org – Brian’s main website, including all businesses and techno-physician platform
- Nosetotail.org – US Grass Fed company that includes organ meats
- Dr. Paul Saladino – How a Meat-Only diet has complete nutrition – AdapNation Podcast Interview
- Dr. Shawn Baker – 2.5 year Carnivore Advocate and thriving – AdapNation Podcast Interview
- Lierre Keith – 20y ex-Vegan who speaks out – Human Peak Podcast Interview & Vegetarian Myth book
- Dr Zoe Harcombe – Debunking all anti-meat agenda Science – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Frank Mitloehner – Emissions and Agricultural Practice Specialist – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Gary Fettke – Silenced for promoting LCHF diet & Seventh Day Adventists – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Dr. Sally Norton – The toxic impact of Oxalates – HPO Podcast Interview
- Dr. Ted Naiman – Protein to Energy hypothesis, LCHF proponent – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Dr. Ken Barry– Physician who promotes Low Carb with great effect – HPO Podcast Interview
- Mark Sisson – Metabolic Flexibility and Ancestral Health – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Dr. Dale Bredesen – Preventing and reversing Alzheimers – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Miki Ben-Dor – Historian and author of Man The Fat Hunter paper – HPO Podcast Interview
- Dr. Bill Schindler – Studying our ancient relationship with food – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Prof. Don Layman – Protein scientist – HPO Podcast Interview
- Gary Taubes – Nutrition journalist who blames sugar – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Nina Teicholz – Author of Big Fat Surprise– HPO Podcast Interview
- Prof. Tim Noakes– Being silenced by grain industry on LCHF diet – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Allan Savory – Reversing decertification through holistic agriculture – HPO Podcast Interview
- Mikhaila Peterson– From near death to the Carnivore Diet – Human Peak Podcast Interview
- Sustainable Agriculture, Mixed Farming, No Till Farming – Joel Salton, Jay Brown, Allan Savory
- Ancel Keys vs John Yudkin – Competing hypothesis of the impact of Saturated Fat (7 Countries Studies)
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Weight Training blocks, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media