Transforming your body is logically pretty straight forward, and much of the science and process in making the changes you want is well understood in the fitness space.
However, so many people struggle to achieve their ideal body shape. Why?
Getting 50-80% there can come quite quickly, especially when you have momentum and rhythm on your side. But going from good to great is reserved for the very few. Those that have a strong enough WHY, and have the mental strength to do what it takes over the long-term.
Psychologically we’re so complex. Logic and knowledge is not enough to get what we truly desire. This idea is proved in all areas of our lives on a daily basis.
That really is the essence of this episode discussion, as Bryn and Steve reflect on their body progress made this year. I suspect many people will be able to relate to much of our combined experience, and hopefully you can take some motivation or insights into how you pursue building your best body ever.
Here’s what we discuss:
1️⃣ Are bold goals and New Years resolutions worth it?
2️⃣ Dealing with your body goals FLATLINING or going backwards
3️⃣ What BRYN has learnt in 2018 about himself from a body transformation perspective
4️⃣ ACCEPTING and managing/leveraging your traits is the trick to keeping with you goal – E.g. need for External Accountability, Outsourcing Planning, Novelty seeking, Consistency issues
5️⃣ Is your WHY strong enough to do what it takes over the long term? And do you REALLY want what you say want?
6️⃣ The difference between a GOAL & a crystal clear VISION
7️⃣ Why after newbie gains, OVERSIZING your body is the most difficult aspect of body transformation. Wise people with good but not great bodies…
8️⃣ The need to EXPAND your WHY beyond the body outcome for long-term adaptation – the process, progress, emotional, mental, physical benefits
9️⃣ STEVE’S honest & raw assessment progress towards his 2 year body goal set in Jan 2018
🔟 The difference between being DISSATISFIED vs being UNHAPPY
AdapNation Useful Links:
- The Ladies Break The Mould Body Plan– it’s time to try something different…
- Losing Body Fat For Good– Here’s all you need to know
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.