Dr. Clare Craig, an experienced 20 year pathologist veteran within and outside of the NHS, joins us on 30th Dec to talk about a number of key COVID scientific matters that have been significantly misrepresented in 2020.
Clare has worked not only with the NHS, but also on the important 100,000 Genome Project and AI cancer diagnostics, and given her specialism is incredibly familiar with testing and diagnostics. With this experience and her advanced scientific faculties, she is able to interpret the science in ways most cannot. As such, whilst she recognises the viral pressure in 2020, she is highly sceptical with the approaches being taken nationally and globally.
This episode is a synthesis of the most important scientific questions AdapNation has received regarding the COVID UK response in recent weeks. We cover a great deal, and should provide essential context and scientific insight to the whole nation – no matter your beliefs and position regarding the govt actions.
It’s a long interview due to the breadth of topics, the need to answer them with sufficient depth, and this unique situation to get such an expert speak at length to our many scientific curiosities. As a top tip, try listening at 1.5x speed – it’s sounds good and condenses the listening time.
Expect to hear us cover Asymptomatic Transmission, Case Definition, SAGE, PCR Testing, Lateral Flow Testing, Excess Deaths, Hospital Pressures, the New Variant, False Positives, Herd Immunity, Immunity Metrics, Interesting Alternative Surveillance and much more. Full show notes listed below.
ESSENTIAL LISTENING for all. Please share to your friends and family to widen and expand our public understanding of the actual science regarding COVID.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Clare’s extensive background in pathology – in and outside the NHS
- Why so much Scientific and Medical Self-Censorship?
- Issues with SAGE and how Govt interact with their Scientific Counsel
- Is there any grounds for the current WHO COVID Case Definition?
- How unwavering faith in the test has brought on many issues, including symptom creep
- Is Asymptomatic Transmission a real threat to public health, and how to prove it?
- Is Presymptomatic Transmission a threat, how prevalent, and how to identify it?
- What types of COVID Testing are available?
- What’s driving the excess NHS hospital pressure and panic this winter, and should we be concerned?
- The big issues around staffing, bed management and flow and restricted access to healthcare
- COVID misdiagnosis within hospitals, and how can we prove/disprove this concern?
- Does the 111, Zoe App, 999, A&E admittance, NOIDS and ITU data concur with the COVID cases & hospitalisations data?
- Should we be confident that SARS CoV2 has been isolated and full sequenced?
- What we need to know about the new technology of Genetic Sequencing Testing
- Is the new Variant (B.1.1.7) a real threat to public health or is it a red herring? Is its surge a lab issue?
- Deep dive into PCR Testing – Variant quality changes, medical blind faith, pooled testing issues, Ct levels, AI-led thresholds, lack of FP quality control
- How big of an issue is false positives (meaningless results) when using PCR testing in community and hospitals?
- Lessons we have not learnt from the Swine Flu and Whooping Cough PCR scandals
- Are Lateral Flow tests effective in community COVID testing & as enablement tests? Are there real issues with FN’s and FP’s?
- Is there a way out of the COVID hysteria? What needs to happen to stop the obsession, and is it likely?
- Are we still in a Pandemic/Epidemic in the UK? If not, what are we seeing this winter?
- Have all of the excess deaths seen in England due to the virus and COVID-19? If not, what are the causes?
- Have we achieved effective herd immunity, and what isn’t being said about immunity?
- Why has host health not been focused on, and are there promising supplements and medicines?
Where to find DR CLARE CRAIG:
AdapNation Useful Links
- The #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey
- Social – Instagram & Facebook & Tons of Free Website Content
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.