Mattias Ribbing, aka Grand Master of Memory, joins us for a fascinating part two on short term memory, productivity and focus.
Mattias held the Swedish Memory Champion title for three years in a row, and was internationally named the Grandmaster of Memory. Competing in memory sports, he would do things such as quickly memorising 1060 random digits without a mistake!
Mattias laid out the key tenants to great memory in episode #115: Boost Your Memory & Learning Skills ~Mattias Ribbing, Memory Champion.
In this episode, Matthias leans in on strengthening your short term memory, improving focus, productivity hacks, and the negative consequences of the technology explosion on our brain and our performance.
Mattias shares some incredible practical tools you’ll want to explore, as well as getting reflective and philosophical on the ruleless tech-heavy world we live in today.
This is a powerful, practical and highly relatable discussion, which should leave you asking some questions of your lifestyle and motivated to hack back for greater mental performance and productivity.
What we discuss
- We’re losing our Focus – the secret to productivity and memory
- Information Rain and impacts of Technology blowing away boundaries
- The One Bullet Point List – Mattias top priority, and how long lists create unsolvable problems for our brain
- Improving your short term memory with Extreme focus & Visualisation
- How Mattias used Disturbance Training to prepare for Memory Sports
- How to combat memory and performance issues when under pressure
- Why you cannot rely on Willpower, and instead need to Place and Time Design
- The health and mental necessity to self-restrict and hack back technology
- The downsides to Hyper-Individualism, Hyper-Freedom and Hyper-Convenience
- Batching work and information consumption, vs realtime
- Default Mode Network – what is it, why is it so important, and how to access it?
- How to spark extra creativity through by consuming… nothing
- Steve receipts the Maths Car challenge live on the mics
- A cool tool for memorising 10+ things – Ribbing’s Bicycle
- The Pomodoro Method – a tool to create more time and maximise tireless productivity
- The negative consequences of task endurance and fighting against your brains needs
- How to handle big projects and lots of small tasks
Where to find MATTIAS RIBBING and his work
- Main website – www.grandmasterofmemory.com
- International Book – Maths Unwrapped: the easy way to understand and mater mathematics
- Episode #115: Boost Your Memory & Learning Skills ~Mattias Ribbing, Memory Champion
- Ribbing’s Bike Exercise – a memory trick to remember 10+ things with ease
Third Party References
- #109: How to become Indistractable & taking back the reigns from tech! ~Nir Eyal
- Boomerang for Gmail – controlling when you send and receive email
- Self Control for Mac – An app to help with focussed work
- Chris Dancy’s Don’t Unplug Book – How to use tech to your health and productivity advantage
- #99: The Life Changing Effect of Mindfulness & Meditation ~Danny Penman
- Francesco Cirillo’s Pomodoro Technique for maximising tireless productivity
- Study – Brain Drain: The Mere Presence of One’s Own Smartphone Reduces Available Cognitive Capacity
The #BeYourBest Journey : https://adapnation.io/beyourbest-journey/
(£10 coupon BESTYEAR-2020)
AdapNation Useful Links
- The #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey
- Social – Instagram & Facebook & Tons of Free Website Content
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.