Danny Penman is considered one of the best meditation and mindfulness teachers globally, with 1.5 million+ copies sold of his best selling book Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World, and his materials used to teach schools, universities and hospitals around the world.
As an award winning journalist, meditation teacher and best selling author, Danny has a unique perspective on the value and impact of meditation. Moreover, his personal discovery of the power of mindfulness is both shocking and inspiring.
And let’s face it, the global mental health issues are escalating, due to the mounting stress-induing triggers in our lifestyles, and the lack of sufficient prioritisation for breathing, calmness and mindfulness.
Mindfulness is clinically proven to be one of the most effective treatments for anxiety, stress and depression. It is also widely accepted that Meditation and time away from rumination frees our mind to think of new solutions, be more compassionate and have deeper levels of gratitude.
For these reasons, and the fact that I (Steve) am on my own early journey of discovering a better life through meditation and mindfulness, I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to get some direct coaching from THE meditation guy.
AdapNation Article on Mindfulness: https://adapnation.io/the-art-of-mindfulness/
Here’s what we discuss:
- Danny’s paragliding accident, and how meditation saved him
- How Danny made mindfulness accessible and popular, and his impact globally
- Why happiness is fleeting, yet unhappiness lingers and feels more powerful
- Why we’re wired to stress and obsess about threats and dangers
- How to rebalance the your thoughts so positivity dominates
- Rumination – the biggest single source of anxiety and depression
- What Danny means my ‘Mindfulness is observation without criticism’
- Can we just use logic to back ourselves out of negative thoughts?
- Almost all our problems are to do with other people – or… is it you?
- The mentally healing and creatively productive and liberating power of a short daily practice
- How to distance yourselves from negative thoughts spirals in real time
- Reasons why to keep mindfulness going after you overcome your initial problem
- The need to break mentally negative and destructive auto pilot habits
- Meditation IS the solution to a world where computers overwhelm the job market
- Mindfulness is not the absence of thought. It is…
- How to NOT lose a good idea when you are in a middle of meditating
- Breathing is… massaging your organs. And why we’re all struggling to breathe
- The best way to reduce stress and create a virtues circle of calm
- Getting started LIVE! – Danny walks you through a simple mindfulness practice on air, and shares some free links
- Can you fail at mediation?
Where to find DANNY PENMAN and his work:
- His Books – Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World, The Art Of Breathing and more!
- Free Getting Started Meditation – http://franticworld.com/aob/
- The Website – http://franticworld.com
- Social – Twitter (@drdannypenman), Instagram (@drdannypenman) and LinkedIn (Dr Danny Penman)
AdapNation Useful Links:
- The Art of Mindfulness – a great article on the AdapNation website
- Breathing Techniques – Explore the Science and Methods of healthy breathing
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.