Learn Menno’s definitive guide to weight training programme design in the densely packed episode.
Menno Henselmans is one of the few popular voices in muscle building and fat loss that speaks from a truly evidence-based standpoint, is not dogmatic, and has also walked the walk.
Menno is know for many things, including his support of the sciences, his enviable physique, and world class coaching practice. But the biggies are most probably his positions on Training Volume, Training Frequency and Training Recovery to maximise muscle growth.
So, for that reason, we dedicated this interview to Menno providing us with his definitive position on optimal weight-training programming design for you, me and every other non-competing gym over who wants to look good naked.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Menno’s background and current focus
- How important is Consistency? – In terms of exercises, programming changes and doing the work
- The Misconception with Progressive Overload
- How to think about Training Volume
- How Heavy and Intensive should your workouts be?
- What Rep Ranges should you use for maximal hypertrophy?
- Why does Menno programme DUP?
- Is Long Term Phased Programming necessary?
- Managing and measuring your Recovery Status
- What’s the right Training Frequency?
- How to programme High Frequency Training
Where to find Menno Henselmans and his work
- Main website – https://mennohenselmans.com
- Menno’s Free Email Course on Building Muscle and Losing Fat
- Instagram – @menno.henselmans
- Facebook – MennoHenselmans
The #BeYourBest Journey : https://adapnation.io/beyourbest-journey/
(£10 coupon BESTYEAR-2020)
Third Party References
- Christian Thibaudeau – pt1, pt2, pt3 and pt4
- Paul Carter
- Brad Schoenfield
- Lyle McDonald
- Alan Aragon
- Mike Israeltel
- Eric Helms
- Layne Norton
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.