Do you struggle with the rationale people use to describe you as having extreme views these days?👇🏼
💭Seriously, let’s flashback to 2019, or any other year of your life.
❓When did any of the below statements seem wrong and extreme? Sounds pretty run-of-the-mill normal to me…
In actual fact, how about we go back hundreds, thousands, or hundreds of thousands of years. Would these ideas be considered extreme back in Ancient Greece, Palaeolithic or Edwardian eras?
🔌 Well, in 2020 something special happened. Through intense and constant propagandised messaging, we’ve been effectively #rewired.
💡A SIX step process has been followed throughout time for new IDEAS to take hold and become the status quo – and this is especially true in medicine.
Dr Malcolm Kendrick wrote a great piece about this with some historical examples – it will be linked in the comment below 👇🏼
I’ve pinched the six steps and listed them here:
- Step one = we have a serious disease that is killing lots of people.
- Step two = it creates great fear, and the medical profession has nothing much in place to deal with it.
- Step three = a charismatic leader emerges to decree that he/she knows how to treat it/control it, etc. This is ‘the idea’. (no study is ever done to find out if the idea works, or not. It is just conceived to be so obviously beneficial, such common sense, that there would be no point in wasting time and resources trying to prove it works.)
- Step four = The ‘idea’ is enthusiastically taken up around the world and becomes mainstream thinking.
- Step five = the ‘idea’ becomes standard practice.
- Step six – the ‘idea’ is taught to medics and becomes accepted truth, a fact. Anyone who goes against the ‘idea’ is ruthlessly attacked.
The Great Re-Wiring
Now, unless you strongly support and advocate the below, YOU are the weirdo. You’ve lost the plot. You must be one of those “conspiracy theorists”:
🔹 Lockdowns do wonders
🔹 Keep your kids out of schools
🔹 Vaccines are miracles – take them!
🔹 Thank goodness for masks. I double-mask
🔹 Don’t get close to people – no one can be trusted
🔹 Pretend you are always ill – it’s better for everyone
🔹 Test, always! Don’t trust your own body
🔹 Handshakes, hugs and kissing – what were we thinking?!
Whether any of the above NEW IDEAS do anything at all for true public health is neither here no there – the very notion that these are considered “normal”, and that 2019 way of living is now an extremist outlook of life… is one of the true mysteries of the human condition.🤯
The Six Step medical idea adoption approach was written by Dr Malcolm Kendrick. His article is listed below
Enjoyed the read?