🆕 #HyperWorkouts Programme, the last of 2018! What a year…
Join in on Steve’s REAL phased-programming Workouts throughout the year, in pursuit of his 2018-2019 Body Goals – a strong and naturally muscular physique. No light weight for demo vid purposes – what you see here is raw. sweat, strain and form-challenging sets!
👉 FULL 5-DAY DEC-18 TRAINING BLOCK PLAN
With DEC-18 #HyperWorkouts, we are going for a true Bodybuilder Body Part Split to mix up the stimulus, take a break from the heavy CNS demanding lifting, and to illicit more frequency and volume for hypertrophy plateau busting.
DEC-18 DAY 5 of 5, BACK
The secret to a great body is a strong muscular back. Without developing the muscles you can’t see in the mirror, your posture will pull and hunch forward, you won’t be as wide, and your arms and shoulder will not look as good. So, Day 5 is all about back training! YOu’ll be hitting your back from a variety of angles, with some pretty enjoyable movements. You’ll also be testing your Bench Press 1RM to get some extra bench volume in, plus flirt with new bar weight.
1️⃣ 1RM Bench Press – 2x 1-2
2️⃣ Incline Dumbbell Bench Press – 3x 8-F
3️⃣ T-Bar Row – 4x 8-12
4️⃣ Behind-Neck Lat Pulldown – 4x 12-15
5️⃣ Dumbbell Bent Over Flys – 4x 8-12
6️⃣ Wide-Grip Seated Cable Rows – 4x 8-12
7️⃣ Seated Lateral Cable Pull Downs – 4x 12
8️⃣ Dumbbell Pullover – 4x 8-12
🎬 For FULL videos of each of the exercises performed in this Workout, check out the DEC-18 Gents #HyperWorkouts @AdapNation Instagram tiles.
- 1RM Bench Press – Get 2-3 escalating warm up sets in, and then shoot for the max weight you can get 1 clean bench press rep out of. You’re sending a message to your muscles that the need to grow to accommodate increased strength demands. It will be scary, so either have a spotter or correctly place the pins in case you fail.
- Behind-the-Neck Lat Pulldown – This is not the norm when it comes to Lat Pulldowns. And that’s why you should do it. You won’t be as strong in this position, and you’ll need to really control your back and elbows so to not cause any shoulder impingement.
- Seated Lateral Cable Pull Downs – This is a great exercise! Having wide pulleys as opposed to a lat bar means you can pull down and in independently, and get such a great mind muscle connection with your upper back muscles. Sitting on the floor extends range and take your hip flexors out fo the equation.
- Mobility & Pre-Activation – The idea is to work on dynamic stretches and short power work to warm up your limbs into full range of motion and to do a little work on muscle recruitment timing. This will help you feel mentally and physically prepared for your working sets. That said, what you choose to do will depend on your weaknesses or mobility issues.
- Cardio – Very little in the way of cardio. Honestly, if you go full out on this workout, you’ll not have the capacity for anymore. The intent of the cardio finisher is simply some light active recovery. To get the blood flowing into your limbs and begin the process of flushing out the metabolic waste buildup. Do too much cardio and it will be catabolic – not good.
Follow this vlog as it unfolds. Comment if you have questions or ideas.