The 100 Day #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey is almost done! A true Labour of love, and one I am so excited to share in Autumn 2019!
Well, fresh out of some hyper-focussed writing time, Bryn swung by to get some of these thoughts out of my head, and on to the mics!
Today, we focussed on the Top 10 aspects of mindset that are most resonating with us both currently 2019. The guidance that we need to give to ourselves, or the bigger priority ideas that are now starting to truly crystallise in how we are showing up.
This isn’t a list-sharing run down. Instead, we took the time to really get to the crux of each of these ideas, and why they are so powerful. Weaving in personal anecdotes, or stories of people that you will be familiar with.
You’ve got cerebral and emotional discussion here, as we try and unpack why some of these concepts mean so much to us. We both learnt some new things as the conversation played out. I hope you do too!
Here’s the Top 10 Mindset Concepts we get into:
1️⃣ Radically Open-Minded & Transparent – Don’t be dogmatically closed minded and contrarian. Don’t just wait for science to catch up
2️⃣ Building Self Confidence through Small Wins – Make the beginning so simple you can’t miss
3️⃣No Failures, Just Lessons – Embrace the learning! It’s all learning.
4️⃣ Imagine Not Fearing Rejection – Asking for ridiculous things, not caring about the the NO’s
5️⃣ Not needing Validation and Judgement from Others – Respect, but don’t prioritise external opinion. Just do you
6️⃣ Fuelled by Passion, BUT Driven by your Sense of Purpose – Don’t risk being blinded by following your passion – pursuing a dead end. What’s beyond you? Your Why?
7️⃣ Be So Good, that Passion Develops – Get so good at adding value, that your skill becomes a passion
8️⃣ Your Struggle is Your Privilege – Where your story like a badge of honour. People will envy the value you’ve taken from it. Don’t prioritise an easy life
9️⃣ Taking Extreme Ownership – Take ownership of everything that happens in your life. You can’t control, but you can own. No victim mentality
🔟 Happiness is when Reality = Expectations – Either change your reality, or you change your expectations. Always start with gratefulness.
People / Books we mentioned:
▪︎ Ben Francis – CEO of Gymshark
▪︎ Jay Shetty – The Emotional Storyteller of 2019
▪︎ James Smith – No BS Fitness Guy who’s built a following
▪︎ Joe Wicks – The Bodycoach. From empty bootcamps to multimillionaire
▪︎ David Goggins – From 300lbs to Navy Seal, motivational speaker and best selling author
▪︎ Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Call Newport
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Weight Training blocks, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.