Keto Muscle Building guru Danny Vega joins us for a part two on Keto, but this time the focus is on maximally building muscle whilst on a ketogenic diet.
Danny first joined us on the show in Episode 108, where we laid down the Keto knowledge, definitions and life benefits from taking a low carb and nose-to-tail approach to nutrition. In this episode, we decided to get really curious and specific as it relates to performance and muscle growth.
For as long as there have been bodybuilding bros and athletes, there has been a strong emphasis on consuming a lot of carbs to fuel performance and to get bigger and stronger. Therefore, the natural response to a Keto Diet is that it will be suboptimal for athletic and bodybuilding goals.
Is this a true statement? Are carbs essential to maximise progress? Can you build appreciable muscle on a low carb or Keto diet? What sacrifices are you making in doing so?
These are important questions, as is the question about how to intelligently introduce carbs into a low carb diet and still maintain ketosis and fat adaptation when you have very specific training goals. And, what performance issues can you expect as you transition into a ketogenic or low carb lifestyle?
Danny helps answer these questions with detail, relatability and no-dogmatically – offering us all some great Keto muscle building intelligence. Some of which will surely surprise many listeners.
This episode is great for everyone, whether you are in a low carb diet or not, as we cover many physiologic response to our diets and the effects that has on our training and muscle development.
Here’s what we discuss
- Christmas with no Kids Presents!
- How many Carbs can you have and still be Keto / Fat Adapted when training?
- Can you Build Appreciable Muscle on a Keto Diet?
- Can you be a Pro Bodybuilder or Powerlifter on a Keto Diet?
- What are the downsides and sacrifices to Building Muscle on a Keto Diet?
- What are the muscle and health upsides of Keto Muscle Building?
- What is Glucose Intolerance when on a Keto Diet?
- Why it is important to not be dogmatic when it comes to Carb avoidance
- How to use carbs to manage stress levels on a Keto Diet
- Have we over-emphasised the importance of Carbs for performance to the average Joe person/ gym goer?
- Do you get less of a pump on a Keto Diet?
- How long does Keto Adaptation / Keto Flu last and when will you return to normal/better Gym performance?
- How to minimise Keto Adaptation symptoms and performance drops
- How does Danny use carbs today?
- What is Targeted Keto vs Cyclical Keto, which is best, and how to do both?
- The importance and How-To of matching your Training Style to your Keto Diet for maximum results
Where to find DANNY VEGA and his work
- Instagram – @dannyvega.ms, @fatfueledmom & @fatfueledkids
- Keto Muscle Intelligence – Keto muscle building nutrition and training program and coaching
- Carnivore Keto Cut – Danny’s successful and enjoyable 30 day weight loss cutting program
- 5 Mistakes Behind Keto Muscle Building – free downloadable guide
- Fat Fueled Family – The Podcast & The Website
- Facebook – Danny Vega
Referenced in Show
▪︎ Keto Savage – Robert Sikes
▪︎ Dr Benjamin Bikman – Leading Insulin expert
▪︎ UCAN Superstarch – A Keto-friendly carb supplement
The #BeYourBest Journey : https://adapnation.io/beyourbest-journey/
(£10 coupon BESTYEAR-2020)
AdapNation Useful Links
- The #BeYourBest Self-Optimisation Journey
- Social – Instagram & Facebook & Tons of Free Website Content
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.