In this episode, we have the wonderful Sally Fallon Morell jo in us from the Weston A Price Foundation. Sally is one of the foremost global leaders in nutrient-dense ancestral living through respecting and returning to our traditional diet, and is driven by a truly noble and caring cause.
Sally is the Founder and President of the Weston A. Price Foundation, that she setup in 1999, as well as a best-selling author. The Weston A Price Foundation is held in high regard by global nutritional leaders, often considered the definitive source of traditional nutritional wisdom. Those who attempt to return full health and human potential back to western societies usually cite the work of this foundation.
The foundation showcases and extends the brilliant one-of-a-kind and unrepeatable work of of Weston A Price, a dentist, who travelled the world observing the contrast in diet and health of indigenous tribes when compared to modern western cultures.
He performed observational studies, nutritional testing, took thousands of pictures of indigenous people, and hypothesised that the departure from traditional nutritional principles was the leading cause to the health issues we were (and are ) seeing. He is most famous for documenting his findings in the his book Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.
In this interview, Sally introduces us to the key principles of a nutrient dense diet through describing Weston A Price’s observations, talking about the myriad of issues in the modern diet and guidelines, and placing a positive emphasis on our need to embrace saturated fat.
Most of all, Sally argues strongly for the need to take full responsibility as adults on the health of our children, and just how important a nutrient-dense diet is to their development from preconception through to a young adult. This is a heart warming and convincing plea, backed up with logic and science.
Here’s what we discussed
- Intro into Sally & WAPF – Parent to Author to President, Turned her family life around. Life as President
- Addressing legitimacy concerns of Weston A Price’s work
- Weston A. Price Health & Dietary Observations of Indigenous tribes
- Issues with Modern Day Gluten production and consumption
- Why you need to avoid Seed Oils
- Why you should embrace Animal Fats (saturated), in particular butter
- The big problems with Commercial/Industrial Milk and Dairy products – and why you should avoid them.
- The value of Raw Milk and associated cheeses – including where to find local Raw Milk producers, and addressing the risk concerns with Raw.
- Why and how Saturated Fats were demonised over last 70+ years
- Red Flags of with Modern Nutritional Guidelines, including Vegetarian and Vegan diets
- The truth about the Nutritional Value of Fruits and Vegetables – Sally describes the Old Calorie trick that has mislead us
- How to prepare and consume Fruits and Vegetables safely
- Can you have TOO MANY nutrients? – i.e. get nutrient toxicity?
- The value and sources of the Fat Soluble Vitamins A, D and K
- The importance of getting Child Nutrition right – From preconception onwards. Practical approaches, Sally’s real world pragmatic guidelines. The need to correct child obesity, disease and disability
- The issue with Soy – the Damaging effects of Soy in the diet, the profit seeking fake meat and soy industry, and the WAPF wins so far
- Where to Get Started with learning more – see below links!
Where to find Sally Fallon Morell and her work
- The Foundation: Westonaprice.org & beginners tour video
- Sally’s Blog: http://nourishingtraditions.com
- Sally’s Books – Nourishing Traditions, Nourishing Fats and Nourishing Traditions (Baby & Child Care)
- Social: @sallyfallonmorelland @westonaprice
- Raw Milk Website & Database – www.realmilk.com
- Healthy4Life 100 page Brochure
- Weston A Price Main Brochure
- Weston A. Price’s Original Book – Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Weight Training blocks, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.