Mental health and wellbeing is becoming a hot topic globally, as we grapple with the consequences of stress-inducing lifestyles, increasingly demanding jobs and lack of mental down time.
And yes, your health and wellness is on you to own, but employers and market makers have a big role to play in how they shape societal norms and pressures.
So, on a consistent thread of self-optimisation, we focus this episode on the employer, and how prioritising wellness and wellbeing could have a profound impact to their companies performance. After all, happy and healthy employees produce better work, care more for their peers, and stay longer.
To bring this conversation to life, Steve talks with Alex Hind, the CEO of GoSweat. Alex is a young British entrepreneur on a mission to improve the individuals wellbeing.
GoSweat offers employers a buffet-style marketplace of 1000’s of fitness activities, all available through their website, enabling organisations to gift a huge choice of physical activities to their valued staff. I pretty amazing idea – one that is really resonating with people.
Here’s what we discuss:
1️⃣ Getting to know Alex Hind- from a sport-obsessed childhood to the realities of a pressured career where fitness had to drop
2️⃣ The gap in the market- From Alex’s personal experience, the need for a fitness marketplace became apparent
3️⃣ Getting to know GoSweat- The mission, the service today and the fitness freedom the service creates
4️⃣ Are Employers doing enoughfor their staff’s wellbeing?
5️⃣ The ROI struggles- bottom-up justification of increased Wellbeing investments in organisations
6️⃣ Employees expect more- How culture and care are now important factors for new employees
7️⃣ Innovative incentives and encouragement- How leading companies are positively starting to shift their workplace wellbeing
8️⃣ Wellbeing = Better Productivity- The growing connection between Wellbeing and Company Performance , and how change needs to start from the top down
9️⃣ Steve’s burning the candle from both ends – Steve’s personal realisation of how much potential has been missed in his career, due to de-prioritising wellness
🔟 BONUS – How Alex sank his car…
Learning More About Alex & GoSweat:
- Website: www.gosweat.com
- Social Media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- More about Alex – http://blog.gosweat.com/team
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.
Leave a comment