This episode is a BIG DEAL! We’ve got the one and only Bret Contreras (aka The Glute Guy) on the mics to answer some female listener questions regarding training and getting in great shape.
Bret is a sport scientist, a distinguished strength & conditioning coach, author, prolific online writer and an inventor. Yes, this man single handedly designed, promoted and made popular the Hip Thrust and the large arsenal of glute training work you see everywhere today.
12.5 years ago Bret invented the Hip Thrust, and since then he’s gone from strength to strength. With over 840K online followers, millions of people training the weighted hip thrust, and 1000’s of women he’s personally trained and coached, Bret has changed the face of strength training more than anyone else over the last 20 years.
If you’re a fan of Bret and his work you’ll really enjoy this chat. More importantly, if you’re a woman (or train women) and are looking for advice on how to create your best body, then this episode should be right up your alley!
Here’s what we discuss
0️⃣ Getting to know Bret- his approach to giving, helping and contributing online. His invention, journey and impact. Bret’s struggles with online hate, and more.
Women Listener Q&A (32mins onwards)
1️⃣ How do women address stubborn fat around glutes and thighs?
2️⃣ Glute and Thigh recomposition – Is it possible?
3️⃣ Bret’s view on steady state cardio – is it helping or hindering?
4️⃣ What to do if you struggle with Glute activation and sensation whilst training?
5️⃣ What are the key fundamentals to achieving a women’s body and physique goals?
Learning More About Bret Contreras
▪︎ Instagram: @bretcontreras1
▪︎ Online Training Program: Booty By Bret
▪︎ Main Website and Newsletter sign-up – https://bretcontreras.com
▪︎ Youtube Channel: Bretcontreras1
▪︎ ’The Glute Lab’ Book – Amazon Pre-Order
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Medi