This episode is a wonderful and impactful interview with professional explorer James Ketchell, where he shares his experiences, lessons and key life advice he’s accumulated through his travels.
James Ketchell is the only man on the planet to have completed the ultimate global triathlon – rowing the Atlantic solo, climbing Everest and cycling around the world! Oh, as well as solo flying around the world in a tiny open top gyrocopter!
What an amazing story of following your passion, having unquestionable belief, and finding your true happiness. James has the unique perspective of starting with nothing, being a depressed child, being told he cannot walk again after a devastating accident… followed by conquering the world several times over.
Stuff that dreams are made of. What is more powerful and and accomplished than successfully exploring the world that we live on, being on the top of it, and the amazing stories of survival and grit to journey to the unknown… time and again.
This is not just a story of one mans brilliance. Far from it. This episode is mostly about the powerful life lessons that James has learnt along the way, which are 100% applicable to everyone who listens.
LOVED THIS INTERVIEW! I hope you do too. #BeYourBest
Here’s what we discuss:
- James’ Three Things that hold most people back
- Being told he would not be able to walk again…
- Why and how did James become a professional Adventurer?
- What it took to raise sponsorship to fund these explorations
- How did he overcome his fear to get out in the Atlantic – by himself?
- Wise Exploration Advice – relevant to all aspects of life
- What was it like to be in the dark ocean all by yourself?
- What is happiness, according to James?
- How James managed his mindset to commit, believe and persevere.
- James’ value in the need for Routine and Discipline
- Stories from his explorations – including scary moments out on sea and on the Everest ice
- How James deals with Loneliness and Negative Thoughts
- Dealing with the come down once his incredible achievements are done
- How is James adding value to people as a solo explorer?
- How does James judge, manage and lessen the risks in his explorations?
- What was nutrition like when on these expeditions and long periods of isolation?
- James’ bad habits and weirdest habits
- The sacrifices James has made in his commitment to his passion
- James’ Meaning of Life
- James’ most important pieces of life advice
Where to find JAMES KETCHELL and his work:
- His Website – http://jamesketchell.net
- His 2019 UK Speaking Tour – see the latest Nov dates
- James Ketchell YouTube Channel
- Social – Instagram (@ketchelljames) & Twitter (@Captainketch)
AdapNation Useful Links:
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- Social – Instagram & Facebook
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.