This is the kind of discussion and set of facts I wish heard many years ago, prior to even lifting my first set of weights.
There is so much confusion as it relates to the ‘best’ way to train in the gym to get bigger and stronger – part by design from the industry, and part because there are dogmatic folk who just believe in their method.
So, this conversation attempts to lay some solid foundational knowledge, so you can understand the difference between true Strength Training vs Hypertrophy training, including the benefits, distinctions, similarities, use cases and downsides.
At the end of this Podcast, you’ll understand the most important thing – that resistance training has a spectrum of modalities that amplify certain benefits more than others, and deliberately working throughout that spectrum is how to keep making progress, year after year.
Here’s what we discuss:
1️⃣ Steve & Bryn’s progress and surprise benefits with their current Hypertrophy training blocks
2️⃣ Definition of Strength Training vs Hypertrophy Training
3️⃣ Body Adaptation & Training Benefits of each training style
4️⃣ Which Training style to choose (first/predominantly) based on 8 common Use Cases
5️⃣ The Circular Loop – Do you get Bigger by getting Stronger or do you get Stronger by getting Bigger?
6️⃣ The Personal Factors that will determine whether Strength vs Hypertrophy training is right currently
7️⃣ Should you consider mixing both styles within a single session?
AdapNation Useful Links:
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.