Dr. Bill Schindler, the hands-on anthropologist and archeologist, and overall student of prehistoric and indigenous cultures and tooling, joins us today for what is a truly fascinating and thought provoking discussion on our evolution as a species.
Bill’s on a mission to take the archaeological record and get the truth out there to the masses. He believes is we can all better understand our evolutionary past, and what critical nutritional and tooling decisions were made along the way to result in the most capable species on the planet, then we will know how to thrive as individuals today.
It’s astounding just how much we know about our early cultures, practices, diets, food processing, tooling and how we acquired our food.
Furthermore, the strong linkage we have established between an increase in nutrient density in our diets and the explosion in body size, brain volume, intelligence, social skills and proliferation is a compelling call to better respect the power of nutrition.
In this episode, Bill helps us understand the connection between the technology we developed, and our very existence! That without the food acquiring and processing tools we developed and harnessed, we simply would not be. This is powerful stuff!
This episode strongly makes the case to return to an ancestral-influenced diet, with evidence and logic that is hard to refute.
Enjoy! This will absolutely help you #BeYourBest.
Here’s what we discuss:
- Getting to know Dr Bill Schindler – His experimental & field-based archaeological work, his personal journey with food, having kids, his epiphany and Nat Geo show
- The inseparable relationship between Prehistoric Tech and Food – and how the archaeological records explain how we thrived
- How humans, one of biologically weakest species on the planet, have become the dominant species
- Was our prehistoric existence one of survival?
- Did we Evolve from current day Primates?
- Our Evolutionary Tree – a quick tour of the Epics, pre-homo Species and Homo species that lead to the modern Homo sapiens
- Why are we the only species from the genus Homo left?
- How Tools, Scavenging, Hunting, Fire and Social skills brought on a massive explosion of Homo brain and body size
- Why was Fat, Organ meats and Blood so pivotal to our Human Evolution?
- Why we could NOT be human as we are today without the ability to PROCESS food! Especially plants…
- How Humans are the only animals to Process foods, and the role processing plays in safety, nutrient density and bioavailability
- What are the ancient food processing techniques, and how modern food processing techniques are achieving the opposite result?
- How Humans are the first species to be domesticated – i.e. could not survive in the wild without tools and processing
- Should humans be eating dairy? Is dairy consumption evolutionarily consistent? What about lactose intolerance?
- Should humans be eating Eggs? Is there archaeological evidence of egg collection and consumption?
- What are Bill’s views on the Vegan diet? Is it a proper human diet? Are we anatomically suited to being meat eaters?
Where to find BILL SCHINDLER and his work online :
- The Dr Bill Schindler website
- Themodernstoneagefamily.com & themodernstoneagediet.com
- Social – Twitter (@DrBillSchindler),, Instagram (@DrBillSchindler), Facebook (drbillschindler)
- Bill Schindler, starring in National Geographic’s The Great Human Race
- Discovery Channel Naked and Afraid TV Show
AdapNation Useful Links:
- Social – Instagram & Facebook
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.
Leave a comment