This episode is all about how to improve your sport performance and body mechanics, as well as your quality of life by doing the right things in the gym.
Bryn shares with us the essence and key principles of what he picked up by Joe DeFranco and his world-class team of S&C coaches. This is a rare insight into what is most important for athletes to perform at their best, by pairing they sports practice with deliberate work in the gym.
For me (Steve), very much a non-athlete, there was so much for me to consider and use in my own endeavours of being strong, muscular, functional and healthy. I’m sure you’ll get a ton of value too.
Here’s what we cover
- Fan Boy Alert! – Bryn visiting the US Mind Pump studio and meeting Adam, Sal & Justin
- The Joe DeFranco CSSP Certification – increasing sport performance and general function
- The role of Genetics & Training – the Shit, Suck, Good, Great model
- The importance of Breathing – how to up your gym, sport and life game by assessing and correcting breathing and bracing
- The value of a Movement Assessment – Understanding Passive and Active assessments, Mobility vs Stability issues, and individual-specific programming
- The role and manipulation of Fascia – what is Fascia, the issues with tight fascia, and how to loosen it up for better mechanics
- Prioritising Recovery – Getting sport and gym doses right, combined with appropriate recovery strategies to maximise performance
- The benefits of Accommodating Resistance – How not to use chains. The value of bands – Strength curves, improving strength and controlling acceleration
- Concentric versus Eccentric – understanding how to best train and develop the eccentric portion of the lift for more gains
- What is Power, and how to increase it? – The calculation, the difference to speed. The % intensities. How to improve power
- Non-Specific vs Sport Specific Training – What is GPP, GS and SS? How to improve sport performance with the use of all three
- How to Improve your Speed? – We discuss fast runners, how increase speed without moving faster, older runners, optimal running mechanics and how to develop the speed in the gym
Where to find BRYN JENKINS online
Referenced in Show
- Joe DeFranco and his YouTube Channel
- James Smith Coach
- CPPS Coach Certification
- Mind Pump Podcast & Instagram
AdapNation Useful Links:
- #HyperWorkouts – Expertly written Gym Workout Plans, with video guides, print-outs & HeavySet import
- Gym Lingo 101 – Your guide to the most commonly used gym terms
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- Social – Instagram & Facebook
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Home-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.