The BIIIIIG question.
How do we as a species struggle so deeply with managing a healthy and athletic weight? We seem to be the only ‘animal’ that has undesirable and uncontrollable weight gain – spreading like a virus across modern societies. What gives?
We cover this, and much much more in this info packed two parter. Our best attempt in providing you the keys to a great body AND great health… for the rest of your life.
It’s time to revisit FAT LOSS on the podcast. It’s a common thread in our discussions of course, but our last comprehensive 101 on how to lose and keep fat off was in Ep13-15!
Our knowledge and experience has developed. There is nuance in our recommendations, and a couple new effective ideas have been embraced with great effect in the last 15 months.
Hope you enjoy it! #BeYourBest
Here’s what you’ll learn:
PART 1 – Why We’re Fat?
The Five Big Issues
- Overfed but malnourished
- We’re addicted
- Mass confusion
- Bioindividual negligence
- Reverting back to ’normal’ after dieting
The Role of Master Hormones Insulin and Leptin – Addictive-Like Foodstuffs – we list the top four biggies driving over consumption
The Lies – The Top 9 Lies that have fuelled our obesity epidemic
PART 2 – The Principles
Calories and Movement
- Understanding calorie requirements, TDEE calculations, BMR, NEAT and TEF
- Deciding on a Calorie Deficit – pros/cons of Slow vs Aggressive approaches
- Necessity of keeping nutrients high
- How often to Weight yourself and analyse
- Why to make moving more, not exercise, the priority
- Avoid weight loss plateaus and giving up with Refeeds
- How to things about training to complement your weight loss goals
Macros and Nutrition
- Calories king for fat loss
- Nutrient Density is King for Wellness
- Prioritise Protein
- Embrace Real Fat
- Use Balance for Carbs
Fat Loss Strategies and Considerations
- How to choose between Slow and Long Deficits vs Aggressive Short Cuts
- How to keep Nutrient Density high, and the issues if not…
- Fasting For Weight Loss – Intermittent (IF), OMAD or Multi Day – how-to and should you?
- Calorie Cycling – or 5:2 / Carb Cycling. What is it, and why to consider?
- How and why to embrace Calorie Counting
- How to Eat Out regularly whilst keeping to your diet
- How a lack Sleep could be effecting your weight and health
- How to Calorie Plan, and should you Meal Prep?
- The After Diet Life – how to think about your diet, and post-diet
References made within the show:
▪︎ Online TDEE Calculator
▪︎ Happy Scale– weight trending app
AdapNation Useful Links:
- The Art of Mindfulness – a great article on the AdapNation website
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.