In this Episode, we hit on an incredibly important topic. The benefits of proper Rest and Recovery for health, body composition and mental state, and the consequences of chronically disobeying natures’ inbuilt process of restoration and growth.
In todays modern high-paced world we live in, there’s an expectation to do more, push harder, always consume information and be in permanent ‘beast mode’. And many people are happily trading sleep and proper rest for greater productivity, without realising it is likely having the opposite effect.
Tech. Social Media. TV. Work. Gym. CrossFit. Sports. Hobbies. Family. Friends. Stress. It can feel like a constant draw on your time, and that there’s not enough hours in the day. As a result we can find ourselves in an ‘always switched on’ state. A state of constant low-level stress. Steve knows all too well, as sleep has constantly been traded in the spirit of getting more other stuff done. He is still paying down the consequences.
So, if you goal is to get more done. Be sharper. Be healthier. Have better control of food cravings and bodyweight. Build more muscle mass. Work on reducing inflammation, disease or mental illness. Show up as a better partner, parent or friend. Sleep and Rest is key and critical. We discuss:
- Why Rest is so important and what is happening internally as we Rest and Sleep
- The impacts of Sleep & Rest deprivation
- Sleep – Benefits, Consequences and Top Tips to a better restorative sleep
- Parasympathetic State – What is it, Why are we not in this state, the benefits and how to enter this restorative state
- Rest Days when training – Why this is important, the issue with ‘no days off’, and how to best rest via active recovery
- Deload Weeks – What are they, who are they for, what is the benefit and forms of deload
The related article can be found here – Top 10 Sleeping Hacks & Why You Should Care.
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.