Whilst we’re not a CrossFit Podcast, and we have a natural bias towards more traditional strength and weight training, we massively appreciate CrossFit for the positive impact it’s had on people’s relationship with health and fitness over the last decade. Moreover, Bryn got started with a CrossFit box a few months ago and has a really interesting perspective as a PT and someone who has always favoured strength training.
This episode will help those who are considering CrossFit and/or those who have specific body goals understand all the value, benefits and downsides of CrossFit, from a relative Newbie who is not dogmatic and cult-like about the sport.
Bryn walks Steve through his experience, motivations and realised benefits to date. We cover:
1️⃣ What does a typical CrossFit session look like?
2️⃣ Why did Bryn Start going?
3️⃣ Is he still interested in going?
4️⃣ Is it in support of his physique and strength goals?
5️⃣ What have been the benefits and carryover?
6️⃣ Does Bryn do CrossFit exclusively?
7️⃣ What about risk of injury?
8️⃣ What is the average age demographic?
9️⃣ Is Lisa (Bryn’s Wife) enjoying and getting value from CrossFit?
🔟 Summary Pros, Cons and Barriers to Entry
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.