There are a few companies exploding at the moment offering entire nutrition in four shakes a day. In what has been a spirited debate on this subject on the AdapNation Facebook Community, it made sense to bring this conversation to the Podcast and get you thinking about both the good and not-so-good aspects of these Food Replacement Shakes.
In this 30-40min chat about the growth and refinement of Food Replacement shakes and companies, we ended up taking a ying and yang position as we both conceded a little but still held on to our very different starting beliefs on man-made shakes replacing real food.
Are they good or bad for individual health and for society at large?
Steve’s Starting Positions:
1️⃣ Total Food Replacement Marketing
2️⃣ Fuelling the decline in Kitchen IQ
3️⃣ Will we become a society or straw-suckers?
4️⃣ What about people with poor food relationship already?
5️⃣ Can the Microbiome thrive without real food?
Bryn’s Balanced Perspective:
1️⃣ A great supplement for those with irregular schedules and road warriors
2️⃣ Convenience Food, Time-Poor & Excuses are the causes for Kitchen IQ decline
3️⃣ The industry and products have changed massively since Slimfast. Educating and focussing now on the important of ‘complete’ nutrition
4️⃣ Gut instinct on whether relying solely on these shakes is a a good thing
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.