Strength training is exploding as more and more people realise the fitness, longevity, health, fat burning and body composition benefits. We can thank CrossFit, Functional Training and Instagram for this popularity in the Barbell.
Whilst the fitness and training niche is bigger than ever, it’s still small comparatively. And for many women, the idea of Strength Training is met with enormous resistance. Even though the benefits are getting better understood, there’s an inertia to move from class-based ‘aerobic’ workouts to heavy compound lifting.
Episode Topic —> Why is this? And what needs to be done to educate, enable and motivate Women to give Strength Training a go?
Michelle and Steve discuss this big question, from a woman’s perspective.
Michelle Answers The Following:
- Rewind – What would have motivated and made you comfortable to get into strength training?
- How would you or a stranger sell the concept of Strength Training to friends who only do classes?
- What was you assumption of PT’s before you knew any?
- Who would be your PT from Hell?
- What qualities, attributes and skills would make up your ideal Personal Trainer?
But first, we kicked off our chat by talking about our fashion mistakes and addiction – from my Compression Tights and new Weightlifting Shoes to Michelle’s out of control Trainer Game.
- Ep#23: Is Scratch Cooking on the Decline & Michelle’s Healthy Tasty Cooking Tips – https://goo.gl/VME7KE
- Healthy Cooking Made Quick & Easy, With Everyday Foods | Michelle Katasi – https://adapnation.io/2018/05/25/healthy-cooking-made-quick-easy-with-everyday-foods-michelle-katasi/
- Cycle With Your Cycle – How To Phase Your Training & Nutrition With Your Menstrual Cycle
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
Please leave a 5 STAR REVIEW, and let friends / fam know of this Podcast.
Leave a comment