Calories: 1522 kcal (or 822 kcal smaller portion)
Macros: 144g Protein, 96g Carb & 60g Fat
Yep – it was treat day! 🤣 It was a big plate, but it was a response to how many calories I had left on the day. I love the freedom and excitement of simply managing to a calorie budget. Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese is a classic served in many British homes, and just ticks all the boxes of taste, texture, protein and yumminess. But, to make it sing, you need a partner in crime – in our case crispy, sweet and delightful mini Sweet Potato Roasties. Round it off with some gut healthy veggie goodness from tender buttery Broccolini and Carrots and…. woah! 😋 🙏
For a smaller portion, half the Chicken, Bacon, Mozzarella and Sweet Potato, and drop to 100g of Carrots. This is just the right portion size for Michelle. This would save you 700 calories, without compromising on the flavours or nutritional goodness whatsoever.
- Free Range Chicken Breasts – 370g / 2x breasts
- Unsmoked Back Bacon – 4x rashers
- Mozzarella – 100g
- Sweet Potato – 400g
- Rice Bran Oil – 1x teaspoon
- Dried Rosemary – ½ x teaspoon
- Dried Thyme – ½ x teaspoon
- Tenderstem Broccoli – 70g
- Carrots – 150g
- Grass Fed Butter – 5g
- To season – Rock Salt & Black Pepper
Chicken is a great source of healthy lean protein. With 31 grams of protein per 100 grams, is one of the best foods for protein. A good source of Magnesium, Vitamin A, Potassium, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and a variety of Vitamin B’s, with trace amounts of calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B-12, vitamin E and vitamin D.
- Broccoli & Carrots are great sources of fibre and have some prebiotic benefits for your guts microbiome.
- Broccoli brings a good hit of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate (folic acid) and potassium.
- Carrots are a rich source of Beta carotene – a powerful antioxidant that can also be converted into vitamin A in the body to help maintain healthy skin.
- Sweet Potato offers a nice hit of vitamin A, C, Copper, K & B6, plus has a lower blood sugar response than white potato due to it’s high fibre content that slows the absorption of the carbs.
- Mozzarella is made from Buffalo or Goats milk, which have much healthier profiles than cows milk, plus it’s a fine source of Biotin (Vitamin B7).
- Quality Pork is high in protein and essential vitamins, minerals, creatine and amino acid good for overall health. Lean pork, when trimmed of visible fat, is nutrient-dense and satisfying. Best to treat pork as a treat as there are more nutritious meats and it’s high in calories.
- Grass-Fed Butter is a great source of healthy-fats that promote optimal health and hormone production. Furthermore, Butter contains only trace amounts of lactose.
Follow the AdapNation Food Diary and subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter ⬆︎ to never miss out on our new tasty healthy meal ideas.
Use the AdapNation Food Diary BUTLER to design your next meal, or perform a Quick Search using the FOOD DIARY NAVIGATOR ⬇︎ to find just what you fancy, based on your available ingredients, effort level, cuisine or meal time.