Sure, losing weight and achieving the best body you deserve has a lot to do with your emotional and logical commitment to the goal and process, through sheer determination, willpower and grit.
That said, too often in the fitness and food industry, the idea of food addiction is dismissed as a lazy excuse and lack of willpower. From personal experience, I disagree. Food Addiction is a real thing, and needs to be addressed as part of a plan to losing and managing bodyweight.
This discussion is broken into 2 Episodes (#43 & #44) where we look to cover off the reality of food addiction, how it happens and most importantly what to do about it.
1️⃣ Drug-Like Foods – The similarities to Food consumption and Substance/Drug abuse
2️⃣ How we evolved to to use Flavour, Smell and Reward Signals to seek out our Nutritional needs
3️⃣ The basics of Flavour Types
4️⃣ What Food Engineers use to Create the Bliss Point
5️⃣ The Six Most Common Addictive Food Types that DO NOT send the Signal of Fullness
6️⃣ What is going on within the Foods & our Bodies causing the Addictions
1️⃣ What is Hanger and why does it happen
2️⃣ The Rehab Plan – how to elegantly withdraw from Food Addiction
3️⃣ Replace, Not Eliminate – 9 Food Specific recommendations that make the Rehab Plan easier
AdapNation Useful Links:
- AdapNation Website – Where you will find articles, videos and journals on all things wellness, training and mindset
- AdapNation Butler – An Online Personal Assistant that can inspire easy and tasty Homs-cooking
- AdapNation Food Diary – 100’s of Tasty Healthy Meal Ideas, that are focussed on helping you thrive
- Facebook Community – To get into conversation with like-minded folk wanting to be their best
- #HyperWorkoutsYouTube Videos – 8-week training blocks, with video guides and print-outs
- Steve’s Body & Mind Progress Journals – Follow Steve’s real-world progress, following all the principles within the Podcasts
- AdapNation Instagram – To see what’s going on in our world across business, training and family
If you like this and other AdapNation episodes, please don’t forget to subscribe to the channel, as well as leaving a 5 star review and letting friends and family know of this Podcast on Social Media.