Calories: 634 kcal (or 512 kcal smaller portion)
Macros: 46g Protein, 44g Carb & 30g Fat
Salmon and Eggs – a bizarre marriage made in heaven. 😇 You can’t beat it! You get a great blend of healthy fats and protein, and they do say that taste is natures guide to nutrition. So lap it up all the yumminess with a 40 hour fermented slice of Sourdough Toast, which has a similar bounce to crumpets and just hits the spot. Add a little original Pesto with a Honey and Balsamic dressing dashed over a bed of Rocket, and life is gooooood! All the health benefits, without any gluten or dairy. And for a top tip, poach your eggs in little poachies. Voila. 👌🏻
For a smaller portion, drop to 1x Egg and a smaller Slice of Sourdough (50g). This would save you 122 calories, without compromising on the flavours whatsoever.
- Free Range Large Eggs – 2x
- Salmon Fillet – 1x (skinless)
- 40 Hour Sourdough – 68g / Large slice
- Rocket – 20g
- Green Pesto – 18g
- Raw Honey – ½ x teaspoon
- Balsamic Vinegar – ½ x teaspoon
- Eggs are great source of protein and should be a staple for most active people, with egg yolk providing a nice hit of good cholesterol that helps with hormone production and cell energy. They contain calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
- Salmon is a great source of protein, that is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids (great for the brain), high in Vitamin B, good source of potassium and loaded in Selenium. All combined give a host of benefits ranging from cardiovascular, improved mood and cognition, Joint protection and eye benefits.
- Raw Honey contains disease-preventing and disease-fighting flavonoids and antioxidants and has been scientifically proven to help with allergies, diabetes, sleep problems, coughs and wound healing. Due to 53% fructose content, limit consumption to avoid spiking insulin.
Sourdough, as it is fermented (the longer the better), gives you the enjoyment of bread with negligible to no gluten and Wheat Germ Agglutinin, that is usually inflammatory to your gut and can cause a myriad of health risk factors in addition to food cravings.
Rocket (Arugula) is rich in vitamin C, an important and powerful antioxidant. The large amounts of chlorophyll, helps cleanses the blood, detoxifies cells, heals disease in the body and boosts oxygen. Also contains potassium, iron, copper and vitamin K.
Follow the AdapNation Food Diary and subscribe to the Weekly Newsletter ⬆︎ to never miss out on our new tasty healthy meal ideas.
Use the AdapNation Food Diary BUTLER to design your next meal, or perform a Quick Search using the FOOD DIARY NAVIGATOR ⬇︎ to find just what you fancy, based on your available ingredients, effort level, cuisine or meal time.